Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Midwest Education Group/is it EdEx?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gelynch52ph

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:59 am    Post subject: Midwest Education Group/is it EdEx? Reply with quote

The following ad was posted in this site on October 1
Amazing job package with Oil Company in Saudi Arabia

Posted By: Midwest Education Group <[email protected]>
Date: Monday, 1 October 2012, at 11:26 a.m.

Salary is unexpectedly high, plus great benefits with Saudi Aramco
Interview in person in the Philippines, 400 USD for traveling reimbursement to the interviewee.

I am an American currently in The Philippines and though this position might be worth investigating. The only responses I have received said that if I was "short-listed" I would be contacted. Today, after sending yet a 5th message to the person online in Skype I went back and looked at the e-mails received from a woman dressed in Indian subcontinent style clothes and in Chicago (so I presume she is Indian). One of her e-mails was CCd to ali.edex @ (a free e-mail service) so I am belatedly discovering that it may have been EdEx to which I sent my data. EdEx is the company that not only paid me 3 weeks late for my first pay in Najran, but eventually threatened to strand me in Riyadh with no money, no ticket and no housing if I did not take the 1/3 due me and sign a bogus document saying I had received all my pay and was treated very well. I left after signing the lie. They still owe me about $7000.00 and the ocean will dry up before I ever get any of that cash.

Does anyone know if Midwest is EdEx?
wantok

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Midwest is contractually associated with Edex. Many Saudi scoundrel recruiters outsource to headhunters located in the West. Common stunt.

adi.edex is a repeated email Bcc recipient in this almighty infamous corrupt human trafficking scam perpetrated by Edex. Examine the Responses section. http://xrdarabia.org/2011/04/18/stuck-in-the-middle/

Here is Midwest's clerk Dawn Tan promoting vacancies in Riyadh on 31 August of this year. The miserable grammar is enough of a red flag. http://www.eslcafe.com/joblist/index.cgi?read=26578

Similarly, the ad you saw requires rigorous proofreading. http://www.eslcafe.com/joblist/index.cgi?read=26818.
...Salary is unexpectedly high [but no number indicated], plus great benefits with Saudi Aramco
Interview in person in the Philippines, 400 USD for traveling reimbursement to the interviewee.
Philippines : October 04th -12th, 2012 (except October 09, 2012 as REST DAY)
Venue : Makati Shangri-La Hotel, Makati City, Philippines
Time : 8:00am - 5:00pm...

Hey, you've missed the deadline!

This post is no longer accessible but may hint at something gone amiss:
PLease Be Aware of: Midwest Education Group LLC
bangkok.craigslist.co.th � jobs � education/teaching jobs25 Aug 2012 � ... to a friend thailand craigslist > jobs > education/teaching jobs ... PLease Be Aware of: Midwest Education Group LLC (Scammers/Cheaters) ...

A thread started 1 January 2012 has a few vituperative posts on Midwest. http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewtopic.php?p=994683

Steer clear, IMHO!
gelynch52ph

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:05 am    Post subject: Trina Flowers & EdEx Reply with quote

If anyone reads the link http://xrdarabia.org/2011/04/18/stuck-in-the-middle/ I am the Jerry who was in Najran with her. She is a rather bizarre woman but her account of the days immediately preceding our departure from Najran and mine from Riyadh in addition to her next couple of days are accurate. I was in my Najran hotel chatting her about our impending departure to Riyadh when the EdEx people tried to break into her room in another hotel.

When we eventually got to Riyadh we were sat at a table in the Boudl Hotel with 2 men from EdEx (Ali & Mohammed I believe) and they had a fist full of money and plane tickets. They withheld the items we needed and forced us to sign a document saying we had received all our pay and had been treated as we should have been. Because I was flat broke from being paid only 2 weeks prior and for a 6 week pay period, but still only paid for 2 weeks, I had to sign the lie document but Trina called their bluff and apparently won her back pay case in court. However, when it was time for her to leave she was stranded at the hotel with no transport to the airport on an early Friday morning.

Last year I was back in KSA working in Khamis Mushait for Interlink, (another herd of lying cretins), and had occasion to drive to Najran during Hajj and on a couple other occasions. On one visit to the Najran Dam I saw an EdEx van with a number of Saudi female students on an outing. Of course I took pictures of the van and the women all dressed in their black bags while they sat under a tree. The Najran Dam is a magnificent piece of construction but the water must have gone the way of Saudi culture, because the dam is flat empty and devoid of water.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Trina Flowers & EdEx Reply with quote

gelynch52ph wrote:
I am the Jerry who was in Najran with her. She is a rather bizarre woman

An understatement based on my experience with her. She has a soap opera like this with every single employer in the Gulf... something to be said for consistency I guess... Cool
wantok

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Jerry/gelynch52ph, integrity in the profession knows many guises, as does lack thereof.

Just read some of these threads.
fledex

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Trina Flowers & EdEx Reply with quote

veiledsentiments wrote:
gelynch52ph wrote:
I am the Jerry who was in Najran with her. She is a rather bizarre woman

An understatement based on my experience with her. She has a soap opera like this with every single employer in the Gulf... something to be said for consistency I guess... Cool

When one works for a bottom feeder, like Edex, one can expect these kind of coworkers. Some are downright dangerous.
Middle East Beast

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got an offer from EdEx, but when I got the contract I saw it as trash and rejected it.

There are so many crummy, trashy contracts coming out of KSA. Thanks for the heads-up regarding Interlink, gelynch52ph.

I've already warned about IH in KSA (as have others). I'd advise avoiding those jerks as well. You might also want to avoid Chase Resourcing in London. They represent both IH and EdEx. Birds of a feather and all that stuff...

MEB Cool
fledex

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Trina Flowers & EdEx Reply with quote

[quote="gelynch52ph"]If anyone reads the link http://xrdarabia.org/2011/04/18/stuck-in-the-middle/ I am the Jerry who was in Najran with her. She is a rather bizarre woman but her account of the days immediately preceding our departure from Najran and mine from Riyadh in addition to her next couple of days are accurate. I was in my Najran hotel chatting her about our impending departure to Riyadh when the EdEx people tried to break into her room in another hotel.

When we eventually got to Riyadh we were sat at a table in the Boudl Hotel with 2 men from EdEx (Ali & Mohammed I believe) and they had a fist full of money and plane tickets. They withheld the items we needed and forced us to sign a document saying we had received all our pay and had been treated as we should have been. Because I was flat broke from being paid only 2 weeks prior and for a 6 week pay period, but still only paid for 2 weeks, I had to sign the lie document but Trina called their bluff and apparently won her back pay case in court. However, when it was time for her to leave she was stranded at the hotel with no transport to the airport on an early Friday morning.

Last year I was back in KSA working in Khamis Mushait for Interlink, (another herd of lying cretins), and had occasion to drive to Najran during Hajj and on a couple other occasions. On one visit to the Najran Dam I saw an EdEx van with a number of Saudi female students on an outing. Of course I took pictures of the van and the women all dressed in their black bags while they sat under a tree. The Najran Dam is a magnificent piece of construction but the water must have gone the way of Saudi culture, because the dam is flat empty and devoid of water.[/quote]

Yeah, I also traveled back there during Hajj last year. (Seems like more than a year ago.) Came the day after one of the Edex teachers got run over in front of the company's chosen hotel for teacher accommodation. I heard that they lost the Najran contract this year, but I don't think it was true. Najran was an interesting place, I liked it better than when I worked in Riyadh. Gotta like rural though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: