Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

University Positions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Latin America Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lindsay316

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:07 am    Post subject: University Positions Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone has any advice on how to find a university position in Latin America. I've done a lot of research on the topic, and most people seem to say that the best approach is just going to the country and traveling from school to school handing in resumes. I do see how that might be the best way, since employers tend to prefer hiring someone in person. But I also feel like it's an incredibly inefficient way to go about finding a job, and it means that you have to know exactly what area you'd like to live in. I'm at the point where I don't really care that much--I'd just like to find a decent job in a relatively safe area in a Spanish-speaking country. If I knew which city had the best jobs, I'd just go there, but I think it's hard to know that without knowing what jobs are being offered, dig it?

Just in case you'd like to know more of the specifics of my situation, I have a master's in English from the US, and I have university-level teaching experience both in the US and abroad.

Any advice for me? I'd really appreciate it!
MotherF

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you interested in Mexico?
How do you feel about small town life?
lindsay316

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually most interested in Mexico, I think. It would depend on the town, but I'm definitely open to living somewhere rural. Have a lead?

Thanks for the response!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Latin America Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: