Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

removed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ben.lait

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: removed Reply with quote

removed

Last edited by ben.lait on Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:16 am; edited 2 times in total
ben.lait

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

removed

Last edited by ben.lait on Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:58 am; edited 1 time in total
L00kingforwork

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which city are you going to work in if you don't mind my asking.
chinatimes

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Supposed that the designated party couldn�t resume normal performance subsequent to 30 days of sick leave as per doctor�s diagnosis;

30 days of "sick leave", really?

Quote:
Provided that one party of clients failed to execute or underperform the agreement stipulated in the agreement, that is to say, breached the agreement, it should pay off liquidated damages of USD500 � USD2000 (or relevantly exchanged amount of RMB )to other party

The whole contract is not written coherently, but if you understand Asian writing it is innocent and ok. That means passable. This part is definitely not. What agreement might be failed? That is the magical question or wipe the slate clean and try again employer maestro.

The contract is too different to continue analyzing. I would need to visit the school and find out what they are about. Apparently, they have some weird translation system/team. So, the contract alone is not enough to go on. Either take a train, visit, sign the contract, or gamble from abroad.
kungfuman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never met anyone in my travels in China that had to put up a security deposit before coming to work here.

Just the mention makes it smell like a scam. AND IT IS IN THE CONTRACT. So if you agree and sign the contract then PERHAPS you have a surprise on your first paycheck when they keep most of it and tell you that you agreed to it on this clause:

Quote:

2、受聘方属自荐或他人介绍而应聘的,应在来华前交纳一定数额( 美元或 元人民币,聘方收到后开具收据,受聘方妥善保管)的信誉保证金以证明自己确有诚意应聘,聘方收到钱款后办理受聘方来华手续。聘期结束后聘方持保证金收据如数领回收据所标示的保证金(无利息)。If the designated party is self-recommended or introduced by referrals, he/she needs to hand in a certain amount of credit security before coming to China (USD _ _ or RMB __ __ , the delegating party should issue a receipt and the designated party shall keep it well), so that it proves the sincerity of working for Party A. Once the delegating party receives the money, it should go through the procedures for coming to China. By and large, the credit security can be fully refunded by presenting the receipt of that at the end of consultant agreement service (no interest shall be paid into account).

It doesn't matter what they tell you; if you sign the contract and that cause appears then you give them carte blanche to hold back your salary.

You need to understand a few things - MANY Chinese employers will do ANYTHING THEY CAN to cheat you. And if you sign something with that clause you have left the door wide open. If there is a recruiter involved then the chance of getting burned multiplies.
doogsville

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Kungfuman on this. I would not sign that contract. Tell them you are happy to sign a contract once that clause and any other you are not willing to agree with has been deleted. If you sign it you are agreeing to be bound by it, and you only have someone telling you it doesn't mean you. That may and probably will change later.
johntpartee

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, this is a very oddly worded contract. I'm not talking about the coherence or lack of same (the SAFEA template also has a lot Chinglish), I've just never seen one like this. More confusing than usual.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: