Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MA TESOL w/o solid exp... decent positions in indo??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kona

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:06 am    Post subject: MA TESOL w/o solid exp... decent positions in indo?? Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

Quick question and was wondering if anyone could help me out with it... are there any solid uni or nat plus jobs available for someone with an MA TESOL but not very much experience? I only have:

-1 year teaching as an ecology teacher (non-certified; did it through a non-profit but got a letter from the principle that said I developed all the curriculum and taught most the classes).

-1 year as a school counselor

-6 months as an ESL teacher in Mexico

Any chance I can get a decent paying job in indo with these quals? If so, what would I be looking at in terms of salary and benefits (airfare, housing, and/or insurance)? Would I have to go to indo to get the job or is it possible to find them here (state-side)? I've looked around at ads and haven't seen much except for language mills...
chezal

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: List of national plus schools Reply with quote

Here is a link to a website that lists a large number of national plus schools and international schools. http://pendidikancafe.com/nasionalplus.html
kona

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: List of national plus schools Reply with quote

chezal wrote:
Here is a link to a website that lists a large number of national plus schools and international schools. http://pendidikancafe.com/nasionalplus.html

Thanks for the link chezal, do you (or anyone else for that matter) know anything about uni's? Do they hire FTs very often? Does anyone know anything about salaries/benefits/hours/admin support/environment and cities where they are located?
kona

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know whether or not I can get a visa with an MA TESOL either? Or do they only give visas to people with English in their bachelors degree? I know its flexible outside of jakarta, but in the most "by-the-book" sense of the work permit regulations, would I still be able to get the visa w/ my MA?
Sudz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a current MA TESOL student, I'm also curious about this (particularly whether an MA TESOL would satisfy the visa requirements).
Tudor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sudz wrote:
As a current MA TESOL student, I'm also curious about this (particularly whether an MA TESOL would satisfy the visa requirements).

Apparently, DELTA holders are able to get work permits, so I'd imagine an MA TESOL (or anything English-related) would also do the trick.

Then again, this is Indonesia...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: