Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Education Experts/Skyline Global
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deeman15

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder why its so difficult for these companies to follow basic ethical and moral business practices and not try to cheat and scam their employees. I'm sure there's enough money in it for them even if they paid everybody fairly and on time. Plus they would get the added bonus of improving their reputation and becoming a sought after contractor and employer by institutions and teachers alike.

Some companies are clearly a lost cause, but I feel like a company like Ed Ex is not that far from something like that. All it would take is a couple of experienced Western managers and 1 honest Saudi director.
Abdullah the Enforcer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnslat wrote:
Dear Abdullah the Enforcer,

I have a baseball bat you can borrow - just swing for the knees. Very Happy

Regards,
John

Done. Abdullah gave 'im me "Tonya 'arding special".

For good measure, Abdullah also gave 'im a rap on the knuckles. Neutral
fledex

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wantok wrote:
Edex and their corrupt ilk might change if sufficient instructors vigorously heed the caveats expressed in these threads.

Change in the sense of administrative demise.

What positive change can come to a company that hires "wanted" people to run their English program?
P_Pace

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fledex wrote:
wantok wrote:
Edex and their corrupt ilk might change if sufficient instructors vigorously heed the caveats expressed in these threads.

Change in the sense of administrative demise.

What positive change can come to a company that hires "wanted" people to run their English program?

They have no reason to change. Yes, some basic COMMON SENSE things would change things, such as having one or two employees who do nothing but visas. But it would compromise their thefts and skimming. Nothing much is put to paper and everything is done on a cash basis. Hard to trace those kinds of things.

Many employees have not gotten their health cards back months after going on vacation, and all the idiot in charge of it does is say "nothing has come back yet". If they WANTED to get the health cards, they could. But every teacher that doesn't have a health card, is one less employee they have to pay $$ for a health card. Same with the end of contract bonus, they cheat as many people as possible out of it, knowing very few will fight it if they have one foot out the door. The biggest turnover in contracts and new people is in the fall, and they know it.

The scams go on and on. The reason they have a disgraced, alcoholic, pathological liar in charge is because he serves a purpose for them. This is a VERY corrupt company, getting away with what they do because they have an endless stream of people who need $$, compounded by the fact it is a VERY corrupt country to begin with! Greasing palms works wonders in Saudi. And it helps to have a lightening rod that everyone blames for problems.....
Abdullah the Enforcer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teacher, why you angry?
johnslat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Abdullah,

Ah, that brings back some memories. But for me, it's "Teacher, why you fail me?"

Which earned the rejoinder, "Why, I didn't fail you, Mohammed. You did a super job of that all by yourself." Very Happy

Regards,
John
EnglishDoYouSpeakIt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too am perturbed by the antics of these people.
Below are parts of an e-mail from everyone's favorite disgraced alcoholic university president:

-
September Pay. We apologize again for any problems in September pay. As you may recall, I explained the technical problems behind the pay issues in September. I have spoken with Finance and they tell me that they are clearing up any remaining errors. This resolution does not include bonuses and reimbursements, which are on longer term disbursement since they need approvals and documentation.

October Pay. Because the October pay schedule is interrupted by Eid, which affects the availability of banks and the time to calculate salaries and payments by accounting, Finance tells me that pay for October will be distributed after Eid, by November 7, 2012. This is an unavoidable delay. They ask your understanding of the situation, given the effects of Eid break.

MOD EDIT

-

What others have postulated is that the company doesn't have any money. How that happens I don't know. But it seems to be in line with what is happening. This excuse about the salary for October seems like a load of something reeking.

In the past I was content because I have an iqama and a good job at a good university and didn't have to see these people. And then my salary was a few weeks behind and I'm still waiting on the above mentioned reimbursements and the staff who is there to assist people with problems claim they are too busy to help people with problems.
westy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This place is getting worse by the DAY - thank God I got out when I did!

Wonder why Dr. EdEx hasn't been arrested and sent back to Virginia, Maryland or wherever he's facing charges? isn't there an extradition treaty with the US? Or are his troubles over back there? Would he be arrested if we travelled back to the US?
johnslat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear westy,

No treaty

"Countries with diplomatic relations but no extradition treaty

The United States maintains diplomatic relations, but does not have extradition treaties with the following countries: Countries With No USA Extradition Treaty - Extradition through proper and correct legal means would not be possible in these countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Botswana, Brunei, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, China, Comoros, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Indonesia, Iran, Ivory Coast, Jordan, Kuwait, Laos, Lebanon, Libya, Madagascar, Mali, Maldives, Mauritania, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Nepal, Niger, Oman, Philippines, Qatar, Rwanda, Samoa, Sao Tome e Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, USSR, United Arab Emirates, Vanuatu, Vietnam, Yemen, Yemen South, Zaire & Zimbabwe.

http://www.panamalaw.org/USA_and_extradition_treaties.html

Regards,
John
EnglishDoYouSpeakIt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOD edit
scot47

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

" He is a felon and for that reason I believe he can't be on an iqama"

What would debar an ex- felon from having an iqama ?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: