Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Distance Delta by IH, London
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tina20

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by tina20 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
smedini

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solar Strength wrote:

smedini,

First, thank you for your comments regarding what the DELTA certificate indicates in terms of whether it was earned through distance or not. So it is clear then that there is no indication on the diploma that the module was earned through online or distance study.

Do you receive a diploma for each module or a DELTA diploma at the end of the completion of all 3 modules? How does that work?

I have a couple of other questions about the modules and the different schools that offer them. For example, can a student take Module 1 with Bell and then do Module 3 with Norwich and then do Module 2 with IHL, if they were inclined to want to attend the orientation at IHL even though it would mean more money?

Will all of these schools recognize any modules that might be obtained at competitor's schools (e.g., would Bell recognize module 1 that was completed at Norwich if a student wanted to then do module 2 at Bell?)?

Finally, which school offers the cheapest tuition for all of the modules?

Hi SS;

I think someone answered this before I came back to the thread, but essentially each module is certified now, so you don't need to get all three (though you only have the full DELTA after all three). Once you've completed all three modules, you apply for a full DELTA certificate so, essentially, you have four certificates when you finish.

And yes, you can take different modules at different schools (my M1 and M3 are from IHL, I'm finishing up M2 with Norwich). And whether or not the schools recognize certificates from the others is irrelevant; the certificates are all from Cambridge ESOL - the schools just offer the programs (with permission and vetting from Cambridge).

The tuition is more or less the same across the board, but be warned that M2 is the priciest by far! If you do that with IHL, they require a two-week onsite orientation either in London or in some other international locale (it changes every year), which means a lot more money in terms of flights and lodging, etc. Bell and Norwich offer it in a 12-week intensive program, with no onsite orientation; Norwich is slightly cheaper, by about 150 pounds, I think.

Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions or need more info...cheers!

~smedini
smedini

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tina20 wrote:
Thank you everyone for your valuable input...appreciate it! Smile

smedini wrote:
Hi all Smile

Thought I'd throw my two cents' into the hat here. I have certificates for DELTA M1 and M3 (and have spoken with Natalie Gunn several times, so I can confirm that she is the coordinator at IHL). Neither of my certificates say that I did the 'distance' DELTA; they just say DELTA.

And by the by, if anyone is interested in knowing or needs to know, if you take M2 through IHL, it takes nine months and requires a two-week onsite orientation, which will significantly increase your cost of an already significant tuition (M2 is the most expensive of the modules by far!). However, there are at least two other schools (Bell and Norwich), that offer it without the orientation AND have slightly cheaper tuition AND offer a 12 week intensive course. I'm currently doing M2 with one of them now.

Ta!

~smedini

Hi Smedini, I'm considering Bell as well for M2. What's your opinion about them?

Hi Tina;

All I can say is that I decided to choose either Bell or Norwich because neither required an onsite orientation; as the program is the same, more or less, where ever you go (since it's a Cambridge program, the schools follow a course outline), I chose Norwich as it was slightly cheaper.

Cheers!

~smedini
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: