Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Meten English Schools

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shropo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Meten English Schools Reply with quote

Are Meten English Schools in China good places to work? Their on-line ads look good, but what's the reality?! I'm looking for my first ESL job, I want to work in Beijing teaching adults and am searching from the UK. Any advice would be great. Thanks.
kungfuman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Meten English Schools Reply with quote

Shropo wrote:
Are Meten English Schools in China good places to work? Their on-line ads look good, but what's the reality?! I'm looking for my first ESL job, I want to work in Beijing teaching adults and am searching from the UK. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

Your question is way too general. If you read some threads you will understand that a mctraining school is operated differently and by different managers in most locations.

means metan in Location A could be MUCH DIFFERENT than in Location B - even though the schools are only 7 miles apart.

You need to ask about specific schools in specific locations - down to the street address - to get a reply that could be useful and pertain to the location you are interested in.
johntpartee

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I TRIED to apply to Meten but the process was interminable. I was sent to four different reps (they all wanted the same documents). Then I had a 45 minute phone interview. Then they asked me to submit an interactive lesson plan. Then they wanted audios and videos of me in action. Then......
Then I told them I didn't think I was right for them.

I should mention that I was out of the country, but if they're that anal during the hiring process it doesn't bode well for the workplace atmosphere. I suppose you could say that they are diligent in screening applicants, but anybody could fake all of the stuff they wanted. The contract has a probation period, so.........
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: