Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Living in Prague: My Experience
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Czech Republic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spiral78

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one can please all of the people all of the time...overall I think the course has a good track record over the years, from what I know of it.
jabrda

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'm aware that Istanbul has got some cold winters too, but there's a world of difference between the average lows for November through March being 32, 28, 23, 25, and 31, versus 48, 43, 39, 39, 41! Five months of below freezing is too cold for this desert rat!
Sashadroogie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, fair enough, then. But be advised - the data on a temperature chart doesn't factor in all the relevant information. I was more miserable in an Istanbul winter than I have ever been in a Moscow one. Istanbul isn't just cold, it is damp, windy, dull. The buildings aren't designed for anything other than keeping the rain off your head.

Take all your Czech woollies with you!
jabrda

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the warning, Sashadroogie, I will! It actually looks like I'll be moving to Izmir instead of Istanbul at this point... another few degrees warmer!. (And hopefully better weather?)

By the way, for anyone who is reading all this some time in the future is and genuinely interested in more stuff about Prague but who doesn't care about my trip to Turkey, just send me a PM and I'll be happy to tell ya more. Smile
joelackey92

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for posting this; it's very informative. Did you save up enough to do any traveling to Austria or Germany?
travelsmith2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turkey as ive heard,, is not a place to go and have a good time, very sad nightlife, no green , generally any Muslim country for that matter will be very hard to get accustomed to, i lived in Zanzibar, Tanzania for 6 months, its a tropical paradise but the muslims, let me not go into details but i left becuase of their views, opions and general lack of wisdom not to talk about how they treat women.
jabrda

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joelackey92, I'd already traveled to both those countires before, and most countries around CZ in general, so I just held on to my savings. I did save enough to travel to Amsterdam though (flights are super cheap in early January).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Czech Republic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: