Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Y-G Experts
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
crimsonwhite

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can second most of what 2eyedfreak is saying, the first 2 months of the contract were the honeymoon phase so to speak, it was after that yg began to show it's true colours. in my school we've had half of our staff do midnight runners (50% turnover in less then a year is fairly substantial). Generally as long as yg stays away from your school thing tend to run ok, however whenever yg makes a surprise appearance don't expect it to be a pleasant one.

There is a blog currently online that outlines the experiences of one of the teachers, that person does a fairly good job of summing the whole thing up. After this person posted the blog there was a response by one of the other teachers in the program (i'm not 100% sure if this is an actual teacher or a response by the company, they claim to be a teacher, but there's really no way to tell)

It will give you a pretty good idea of what to expect

its posted here.
ygrecipient.blogspot.tw

Scroll down to the Oct 8th entry to get the full letter unedited.

Generally the schools themselves are fine to work with, aside from your typical asian hoop jumping (but you get that in any esl job here)

There are worse jobs out there by far, but what has really bothered me about this company is the behaviour used when dealing with foreign teachers. Good luck to anyone that is interested, but please do your research before jumping in so you know exactly what to expect.

PM me if you would like more details.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Taiwan All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: