Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(removed)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ben.lait

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: (removed) Reply with quote

(removed)

Last edited by ben.lait on Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
chinaroman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely not an international school. If you are looking for international schools try SIS, QSI, ISNS, or SWIS.
ben.lait

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's not an international school, than what do you think it is? They claim to be a government school. What could I ask them so that I can know for sure if they are in fact a government school?
chinadad

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask for contact info of another foreign teacher who's presently working there or who has been a recent employee. These are the people who can give more accurate info on schools.
If the school can't or won't provide - then you really are coming out blind, and should seriously think about giving the place a miss!!!!!!
ben.lait

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I've recently asked for email of former employees. Hope to hear from them soon
haopengyou

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ben.lait wrote:
Thanks, I've recently asked for email of former employees. Hope to hear from them soon

By definition, an international school is (almost always) NOT a government school. An international school is a private school operated in China for the sake of expat children, i.e. people who do not have a Chinese passport. It is my understanding that the "China (Shenzhen) International Personnel Training Centre" is a recruiting center and that teachers will be placed in public schools within Shenzhen.

It has been about 2 weeks. I am wondering what the OP has found?
backtothefront

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OP, I applied for a job with these people in September and I'm still waiting for a letter of invitation so I can start working. If anyone is actually over there right now, working for this company please PM me what is going on?
choudoufu

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

found this:

http://www.teach-in-china.net/rencai/company/company-show.php?id=504

Shenzhen Int. Training Center

Brief Introduction
In order to speed up globalization in education system and re-structure new blue print for a better way of teaching our future generation, China (Shenzhen) International Personnel Training Center will recruit primary and secondary schools teachers globally basing on the Shenzhen Government Instructions.
backtothefront

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers I couldnt open the link but not what they said they were, hardly surprising really with China.
Siamhoosier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

backtothefront wrote:
OP, I applied for a job with these people in September and I'm still waiting for a letter of invitation so I can start working. If anyone is actually over there right now, working for this company please PM me what is going on?

I'm also in the same situation.

From what I understand, the CIPTC is the employer, but they've been given a contract to place teachers in public schools within Shenzhen's Futian district. This is the first year they've done this, according to the woman with whom I've been in contact.

Apparently it started in August, but they are still trying to fill some positions (at least that's their story).

When they originally offered me the job, they were frequently in touch, answering e-mails and chatting with me on Skype. After I accepted the job, however, they haven't been as attentive. I've had several e-mails ignored (including a request to ask questions to a current teacher), and haven't had much contact on Skype.

I'm a little leery about the whole thing, as this is my first experience with working in China. You'd think with 100+ people working for them already, there would be someone on one of the forums discussing it, but I haven't been able to find any information.
backtothefront

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siamhoosier wrote:
backtothefront wrote:

I'm also in the same situation.

From what I understand, the CIPTC is the employer, but they've been given a contract to place teachers in public schools within Shenzhen's Futian district. This is the first year they've done this, according to the woman with whom I've been in contact.

Apparently it started in August, but they are still trying to fill some positions (at least that's their story).

When they originally offered me the job, they were frequently in touch, answering e-mails and chatting with me on Skype. After I accepted the job, however, they haven't been as attentive. I've had several e-mails ignored (including a request to ask questions to a current teacher), and haven't had much contact on Skype.

I'm a little leery about the whole thing, as this is my first experience with working in China. You'd think with 100+ people working for them already, there would be someone on one of the forums discussing it, but I haven't been able to find any information.

Exactly, something isn't right here. Like a mug I have been waiting for this c/o too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: