Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Worse shots than Barney Fife?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
run-jp

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:53 pm    Post subject: Worse shots than Barney Fife? Reply with quote

If I wasn't worried about the chance of a slug w/ my name on it, i might almost laugh sometimes. remember the stories this spring about all those men from "Uncle" (Prince Naif) getting blown away by bad guys w/out getting a shot off? they were either set up by "colleagues" or were awful shots.

Now, I just got the scoop of the Wed. shooting of a "trainer". Seven "deviants" (as they say) in 4 SUVs fired over 100 rounds at the target who sped away (windowless). The subsequent chase covered a few miles before the perps got cold feet and fled. . the target's passenger seat was shot up, but they only grazed the driver and , obstensibly, missed all four tires.

Hamdu'llah! Some of these baddies aren't exactly pros and aren't great shots. ... Congrats on the evasive driving Mr. USer! Hoo - aah!

(sorry can not quote any source for story, but believe it's valid)

I don't know the details about Khobar fire fight, but wasn't there a running battle at some Sports Center, where NOONE was hit?? Maybe they should give women a chance in Internal Security Very Happy : Abaya's with badges!?

....so I find that most Saudis are heavily armed ("oh put the cooler in the boot next to the AK, habibi"), but am hoping this
"ballistic impairedness" will give us a sporting chance.

PS Scott, looks like i ll make a year after all.
johnslat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject: A hundred to one Reply with quote

Dear run-jp,
Lots of truth, I'd say, to what you wrote. However, let's remember that Barney was allowed to have only one bullet.
Regards,
John
scot47

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today's news is that "shots were exchanged between police and militants in Jeddah".

Nobody hurt. Nobody arrested.
jeddahteacher

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:39 am    Post subject: Broken Link Reply with quote

Nobody was able to get to this discussion for two days. I only got here by going to home page first. Was I alone with problem?
Bob
Bindair Dundat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Broken Link Reply with quote

jeddahteacher wrote:
Was I alone with problem?

Nope, the problems were with eslcafe.com.

BD
scot47

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So who, what or why is "Barney Fife" ?
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:03 pm    Post subject: new server? Reply with quote

I think they switched servers and now there is a new 'address.' If you are using a bookmark or favorite link to get in, you will have to change it.

I am still having problems with links within the board not working.

VS
(Barney Fife is an American TV show character. I'll let JohnS do the elaborating as he is our head trivia expert!!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: