Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Language Academy website

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tudor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Language Academy website Reply with quote

I know a number of posters on here use the englishtips website to download resources from, but has anybody ever used this site?

It looks like it has a decent selection of books, but it costs $20 to join. I'm happy to pay that, but my only concern is how many of the links are still valid. They boast that 99% of them are, but I'd prefer to hear from any current users of this site how true that is.

There are a lot of invalid links/mirrors on englishtips, but it would be churlish to complain as registration is free; however, if I'm paying I would expect the advertised material to be available.

Whilst we're on the subject, can anyone recommend any other websites where resources (published books, not worksheets etc) can be downloaded, preferably for free or for a small fee?

(Disclaimer: I did do a search on this, but the search function was playing silly buggers, so apologies if this has previously been discussed)
johnslat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Tudor,

eslflow

http://www.eslflow.com/

has a lot of good, free, downloadable/copyable stuff (though a few links don't work.)

Regards,
John
Tudor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I bit the bullet a few weeks ago and joined this site but, thus far, I have to say it's not been worth it. I'm not going to lament the loss of $20, but I thought I'd post my thoughts for what they're worth.

They make some silly claim about how 90 odd percent of their links are valid, but from my reckoning I'd say 90% of them are dead. There's a convoluted process of requesting them to be re-uploaded, but invariably these requests will be ignored. If you push them, you'll just get a peulant response and a half-hearted assurance that they'll re-upload at a time that suits them.

The selection of books is adequate, but the search function is so hopeless, that you have to manually scroll through pages of threads hoping that thread titles catch your eye.

In short, this site this offers nothing that englishtips.org doesn't. Save your money!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: