Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New INM Rules as of November 9, 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tretyakovskii

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But whether permanent residence on a tourist visa was sanctioned or not, there was no way to prevent it because of the lack of a database. Now that one exists, it would not require a change in the laws and regulations, merely enforcement of a policy (if such a policy exists).

It comes down to something as simple as this: spending the bulk of one�s time in Mexico, admitted each time for 180 days, visa free, is not permanent residence- it is a condition, not a legal status. What is permitted by the law, is lawful, per se.
Tretyakovskii

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some questions that come up from time to time are answered on the document I linked to, earlier, on this thread. To quickly find anything else you may be interested in, just look at the "articles," as they summarize what is treated in that section.

For example-

1) Apostiles required
Quote:
Los documentos p�blicos extranjeros para ser v�lidos en territorio nacional, con excepci�n del pasaporte o documento de identidad y viaje v�lido conforme al derecho internacional, deber�n estar apostillados o legalizados. Tal es el caso de los siguientes documentos:
I. Actas de nacimiento.
II. Actas de matrimonio.
III. Actas o documentos sobre actos del estado civil, o nombre.
IV. Diplomas, certificados, t�tulos, acreditaciones, constancias o similares, p�blicas.
V. Documentos que acrediten la tutela, patria potestad o curatela.
Los documentos redactados en otros idiomas deber�n estar acompa�ados de traducci�n al espa�ol elaborada por peritos oficialmente reconocidos.

2) Temporary residence based on financial self-sufficiency (former Visitante Rentista)
Quote:
b) Solvencia econ�mica: (at present, daily min wage is 62.33)
i. Original y copia de comprobante de inversiones o cuentas bancarias con saldo promedio mensual equivalente a veinte mil d�as de salario m�nimo general vigente en el Distrito Federal durante los �ltimos doce meses; o
ii. Original y copia de los documentos que demuestren que cuenta con empleo o pensi�n con ingresos mensuales libres de grav�menes equivalentes a cuatrocientos d�as de salario m�nimo general vigente en el Distrito Federal, durante los �ltimos seis meses.

3) Permanent residence based on financial self-sufficiency: this one has slightly stiffer financial requirements
Quote:
5. En el caso de pensionados o jubilados deber�n presentar:
a) Original y copia de comprobante de inversiones o cuentas bancarias con saldo promedio mensual equivalente a veinticinco mil d�as de salario m�nimo general vigente en el Distrito Federal durante los �ltimos doce meses, o
b) Original y copia de los documentos que demuestren que cuenta con ingresos o pensi�n mensual libre de grav�menes equivalente a quinientos d�as de salario m�nimo general vigente en el Distrito Federal, durante los �ltimos seis meses

4) Manera in which to notify INM of changes in your status
Quote:
1. Carta firmada por la persona extranjera, en la que bajo protesta de decir verdad manifieste el cambio de estado civil, nombre, nacionalidad, nuevo domicilio o lugar de trabajo, se�alando expresamente el anterior y el nuevo estado o dato que corresponda. En caso de doble nacionalidad deber� indicarlo y la que deber� considerarse para su registro y estancia en territorio nacional

5) RENOVACION

See Articulo 34 for details: you can draw your own conclusions. I still have my negative inference to rely on- what is not specified as required by the law, is not required.

6) Status Change, in country

There is nothing I can find in this document to lend support to my speculation, contained in other threads, that it might be possible to enter, visa free, with the intention of working and merely declare that intention at the point of entry, in lieu of a visa issued by a Mexican Consulate or Embassy, abroad.

Sadly, for me, the document does not contain the details on permanent residency based on points, but merely repeats what was said in the law and regulations, published earlier, that a system of points would be published in the DOF (at some, indefinite point in the future).

I'll have to depend on others to alert me to when it's published....
Isla Guapa

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tretyakovskii wrote:

Sadly, for me, the document does not contain the details on permanent residency based on points, but merely repeats what was said in the law and regulations, published earlier, that a system of points would be published in the DOF (at some, indefinite point in the future).

I'll have to depend on others to alert me to when it's published....

I'm hoping that my selfless devotion to my students and my amazingly accurate translations will give me enough points to become an instant Mexican citizen, but I'm not counting on it! Wink
Tretyakovskii

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlike Guapa, I'm going to be applying for permanent residence.

I checked at the local INM office today, and they told me they've yet to receive details on how the point system for permanent residence is to be applied.

(It's supposed to be published in the DOF when it's ready, but I haven't seen anything, yet, so I thought I'd check.)

They told me to go ahead and apply anyway, which I'll do, figuring that at worst I'll be given the new temporary resident status.
Isla Guapa

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest information I've received (from a pretty reliable source) is that with 4 pr�rrogas on my FM3/No Inmigrante, I should be able to change to residente permanente when I visit INM next spring. Very Happy
Tretyakovskii

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That�s right, Guapa, the easiest and most straightforward route to permanent residency. I don�t have enough years to qualify that way, so I�m trying another.
Isla Guapa

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's hope we both find the least painless way to get to permanent residency during our next visit to INM. Good luck!
Tretyakovskii

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My application for permanent residence based on points is now in tramite. I submitted 23 supporting documents with the application, knowing that approval requires a judgment on the part of INM, and wanting to give them every possible justification I could offer for approving it, but did not offer any other justification for permanent residency, aside from the points system.

We'll see how it goes....
Isla Guapa

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tretyakovskii wrote:
My application for permanent residence based on points is now in tramite. I submitted 23 supporting documents with the application, knowing that approval requires a judgment on the part of INM, and wanting to give them every possible justification I could offer for approving it, but did not offer any other justification for permanent residency, aside from the points system.

We'll see how it goes....

Have you received an advance copy of the points system? As far as I know, it hasn't been published yet.
Tretyakovskii

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
As far as I know, it hasn't been published yet.

Same here, Guapa. Their schedule and mine are not the same!
Tretyakovskii

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Permanent Residency, based on points Reply with quote

My application for permanent residency, based on points, is now at the "el tramite ha sido clasificado" stage, which I've always understood as tantamount to approval.

With a big INM holiday coming up, it may be awhile before it moves any further: I'll pay them a visit on Monday just to get a read on what to expect.
noble

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:06 am    Post subject: Re: Permanent Residency, based on points Reply with quote

[quote="Tretyakovskii"]My application for permanent residency, based on points, is now at the "el tramite ha sido clasificado" stage, which I've always understood as tantamount to approval.

So, Tretyakovskii, what were YOUR criteria for points (since you didn't get anything specific from them)? Beyond the most basic of support docs, such as birth certificate, degrees, etc., what did you include?

Wishing you very good luck with your tramite.
Tretyakovskii

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So, Tretyakovskii, what were YOUR criteria for points (since you didn't get anything specific from them)?

I didn't have the luxury of concerning myself with what the point system might eventually say, since I had to file to renew before they came out, but I also considered this to be primarily an internal issue for the INM, as I was unconcerned if they waited till the point system was published to rule on my case.

As for what will be included in an application for permanent residency, based on points, this will vary from person to person depending on their personal history, including their history in Mexico, but the law already tells us the things to be considered by INM in making the determination to grant permanent residency.
Quote:
Art�culo 125. Los criterios de selecci�n podr�n incorporar, entre otras, las siguientes categor�as:
I. Nivel educativo;
II. Experiencia laboral en �reas de inter�s para el pa�s que tengan gran demanda y poca oferta;
III. Experiencia laboral en otras �reas;
IV. Inversionista;
V. Aptitudes en ciencia y tecnolog�a;
VI. Reconocimientos o premios internacionales;
VII. Dominio del idioma espa�ol, y
VIII. Conocimiento de la cultura mexicana.

I simply submitted documentary evidence of everything for which I had any that matched these categories, all either in Spanish or officially translated by a perito, and certified and apostiled when appropriate, as is required by good practice before the INM.
Prof.Gringo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck, I'll just call my friends at INM in Polanco (and I mean the HQ on Homero, not the processing center on Ejercito Nacional), and provided they wern't sacked by el PRI/EPN, both are PANistas and both are very high up in INM, about #3 and #7 when I got to know them...

Good luck amigos!
Tretyakovskii

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Permanent residency based on points Reply with quote

On Friday, I got the online notice to report to the offices of INM to complete the process for permanent residency, based on the points system. Looks like the tramite is moving forward, normally, following the long break for Christmas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: