Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wrocław 2013?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blaz88

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Wrocław 2013? Reply with quote

What can I expect in Wrocław for 2013? Teaching atmosphere? I arrive in December. Have some things in order already but wondering about the demand in the business sector for lessons. Plan to get my hard sell/direct approach ready, ie: cold call in person to managers of corporations.
delphian-domine

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're willing to do the hard sell, I'm certain that it won't be a problem for you to find enough work. Schools are struggling in major cities, but if you're realistic about your price, it shouldn't be difficult to put together a good timetable of classes.

Do you have the business registration sorted?
blaz88

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had the business registration since 2008. Bosco and Vandalay Industries.
Anyone get where the name comes from?
scotv

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blaz88 wrote:
Had the business registration since 2008. Bosco and Vandalay Industries.
Anyone get where the name comes from?

Seinfeld. What did I win?
the_roads_of_poland

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any two-bit drumstick would have known that's Seinfeld. But congrats blaz, my company is the first letters of the alphabet and then my name. I thought of using some fancy schmancy name but knowing Poles, it would have scared them off.
Master Shake

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: A rose by any other name... Reply with quote

My company is exactly my first and last name. Nothing more, nothing less. I'd love to pay tribute to Seinfeld, The Simpsons or Aqua Teen Hunger Force, but some tax consultants told me to do it this way.

Naming your company after yourself makes things simpler. Every bill that is sent to me is also sent to the company by default. If I but something for the company, it is also for me.

If you're pulled over at a heavy metal festival and the cops run the plates, you might find myself in the awkward situation of having to explain what the 'English Solutions' company car is doing at a heavy metal show. Naming it after yourself makes this less of an issue.
sparks

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Shake and was told the same. Using your name makes things less of a hassle, for fakturas, deductions, etc. I guess it lacks originality and if you ever went big-time you might want to look for a more creative name for marketing, but for something that, for most teachers, is just a way to make business easier, I'd go with your own name.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Poland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: