Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

China (Shenzhen) International Personnel Training Center
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tin man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: China (Shenzhen) International Personnel Training Center Reply with quote

Hi all, I am considering going expat after spending several years back in the USA. I tried the search feature and not coming up with much on this school. Any info? Also, what is a comfortable salary to live on in Shenzhen? I was there years ago on business and I know it is more costly than a lot of areas.
chinaroman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife and I live comfortably spending about 6000 RMB per month (not including housing or any bills). We do not live extravagant by any means, but we do sometimes treat ourselves to nice meals and other things. I have friends that get by on 3000 RMB and some that spend as much as 15000 RMB per month. Depends on you and your lifestyle.
tin man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good info amigo
5h09un

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chinaroman wrote:
My wife and I live comfortably spending about 6000 RMB per month (not including housing or any bills). We do not live extravagant by any means, but we do sometimes treat ourselves to nice meals and other things. I have friends that get by on 3000 RMB and some that spend as much as 15000 RMB per month. Depends on you and your lifestyle.

what do you spend that much money on every month?
emmett grogan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive been offered a job by these too, seems like theres a lot of recruiters advertising under the SIPTC.

Anyone got any details on if they are for real or not?
ram77

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 6:49 am    Post subject: SCAM ALERT Reply with quote

This place is ruled by a corrupt individual. He does not follow the contract. They do not reimburse your flight after the semester. We had to get a lawyer to get our flight allowance and the lawyer costs more than the flight allowance. They told us we had Summer vacation or Winter. We chose Summer and the told us two months before vacation that we had to work during the Summer in Zhengzhou... which so heavily polluted that nearly everyone has cancer. Lung Cancer is China's number one killer.

The housing allowance is put on top of your salary, which is illegal, and it puts you in another tax bracket. They tax the whole thing which ends up being 2,000 RMB. Every home in Shenzhen is 2500 to 4,000 RMB. You end up dipping into your salary WHICH IS 10100 after taxes... NOT ENOUGH to live without a kitchen. Eating out is 20RMB minimum unless you eat street food which will get you sick but costs 5 to 10 RMB. The other option is you can live in the hotel where there is a pimp outside handing out cards for prostitutes and women come knocking on your door every night asking if you want sex. The motel is Motel 268 on Shennan Zhong Lu, but they have deals with that chain of hotels. They put us in a hotel filled with whores for a semester. The room is as big as the average US living room. There is 1 pay-by-coin (7RMB) washing machine and 2 dryers(3RMB) for 100 teachers. The dryer doesn't work too well, so you have to dry it two or three times. One drying session is 90 minutes. It takes like four hours to get dry clothes. No kitchen... just a room on the 10th floor with a hotplate and some one or two pots and pans that every one uses and doesn't clean. Because so many people complained they may or may not leave you to find your own place with your housing allowance, as I described above.

Once you arrive, there is a little help for finding your school or living in China. You are completely ON YOUR OWN. Your arrival is your recruiter's paycheck and the company's from the Bureau of Education. The Bureau pays Shenzhen Personell International Training Center and the Center takes the money. You have to fight for everything... the insuarance they promise you comes out of your paycheck... it is not as they promised you. The contract is a joke. If you ask them details, they are extremely vague.

This is not a place to work for. I have been in China 7 years now and I have worked in the office alongside these people as well. Do not come here with this company.
chinaroman

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5h09un wrote:
chinaroman wrote:

what do you spend that much money on every month?

Food, entertainment, and transportation. It is all relative though. We teach at an International School and make a decent wage, if we made less money we would spend less money. We lived in a different province and lived on 2000 RMB a month.
nellychess

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: SCAM ALERT Reply with quote

ram77 wrote:
. The other option is you can live in the hotel where there is a pimp outside handing out cards for prostitutes and women come knocking on your door every night asking if you want sex. .

Yes, but are there any NEGATIVES living in the hotel? Laughing Laughing Laughing
ram77

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: CIPTC Reply with quote

This company is now posting under citylink offering 14700RMB a month. You will literally have days where you do not have enough to pay your rent. They tax the salary illegally. You are taxed ENORMOUSLY and rent is average 4,000 RMB a month with utilities. They will not reimburse you for anything that they say they will. It is the responsibility of all teachers to post these scams. They don't pay your vacation time if you do not return to China for another school year. They had so many people on tourist VISA's that had to return home because they were in China ILLEGALLY and now perhaps, will not be able to ever teach in China again or at least Shenzhen, where they are located. Private message me and I will give you more details.

This place is a scam and they will fire you, take your salary, over tax you and the contract you sign is a joke. They tell you everything to get you here and then they mess everything up for you so that you are literally begging for enough money to survive and pay rent. One guy got a lawyer. These people need to be reported. Ask them for ten contacts to speak with that are current teachers. They will only give you one or two, IF they give it to you at all. How can they get away with this for so long??? It's only been two semesters that they have been in business, but still... it is so corrupt, how are they still in business bring unsuspecting people to have to go to eat on the street vendors so that they can make the rent next month??? That HAS to be illegal.
dirtybird1980

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I currently work for the Shenzhen International Personnel Training Center and I extremely like it. I've taught there last year and I will continue to teach their this year and here are my observations.
1) The facilities are better than the facilities that I had growing up as a kid. Every single classroom at the school I've been assigned to not only has a computer capable of handling flash drives, cd's, and has Windows 7, but each room also has good air conditioning (you won't be hot during the summer as long as the class monitor doesn't lose the air conditioner remote control or the 1 in about 60 chance the air conditioner might fail) and a large projection screen.
2) For my situation (no child support, student loans, or any other debt obligations) the salary is enough, here's a rundown of my expenses.
Salary=14700RMB
After taxes=13000RMB
Rent+Management Fee=-3800 RMB (50 sq. meters studio apartment with furnishings-48 in. HDTV, king size bed, sofa, etc.)
Utilities, phone, etc. =-300 RMB
Tithe=-1300 RMB
Retirement Savings=-1300 RMB
Food=-1000 RMB if I pig out
Anything else=5300 RMB to play around with (almost 647 euro, 560 GBP, 866 USD, etc.) and that's not including the 2600 RMB that I could additionally have if I didn't tithe or save for retirement.
3) I will be honest with you, the managers of SZIPTC have their days, but I always have faith that everything will work out in the end. Yes, there was the flight reimbursement problem but that got fixed. Some peoples visas were just on the verge of expiring but they'll handle it. I've had visas that ran right up until the second to last day before my managers got the job done, but they got the job done. And as you work in China more and more, you'll just find out that that really is the way it is. The thing is that you have to tell them what's wrong and they'll try to fix it, they won't just assume something is wrong.
4) In regards to the whole summer/winter thing, I chose winter for that and when the time came, they just said go off and enjoy the vacation because Shenzhen turns into a ghost town during spring festival so even if they wanted me to teach someone, there was no one to teach. And with regards to the summer, going to Zhengzhou was completely optional and if you went they would have paid for your travel their, your Shenzhen salary, and the additional 6000-8000 RMB/ month Zhengzhou salary. I didn't go, I went and traveled so I can't say if it was a good teaching job or not.
5) I was not on my own for finding my apartment. The reason I found my apartment was because it was a recommendation from someone at SZIPTC. I actually went around and looked for other apartments but the one recommended to me was the best one. Plus they print off a map for you to your school and they actually let me know what school I would be teaching at within a week of signing the contract (the waiting period was paid as well as one night in a hotel when first arriving in Shenzhen)
6) I got paid during my vacation time but the date of payment was never the same, but it was always earlier than the 8th of the month (once again, another working in China thing is that nothing is set in stone)
7) And they give you a ton of free stuff! A TON! Right before spring festival I got like 50 lbs. of rice, 4 gallons of vegetable oil, enough toilet paper to last me for a year, shampoo and conditioner (name brand Head and Shoulders big bottles that last you for months), hand soap, a knife set, pots and pans, rice cooker, and a lot more. And that was just spring festival, they also give you another round of this stuff before May 1st but I don't know if they give it before Teacher's Day or before summer vacation starts because I wasn't around for either. Plus, they even offered to loan me a flat screen TV, a freakin' water heater, a range for an oven, etc. (and the loan was just when I left Shenzhen I returned it without a fee)
Cool I get every weekend off except those that are make-ups for holidays (there are no actual holidays in China-if you get a day off on a Monday for Dragon Boat Festival, every Chinese person and you have to go to work on Saturday in order to make it up)
9) I will say this, I speak Chinese so my experience might be a little bit better than other posters but when I came to China, I could barely make sentences and only recognized a few characters. And as I went along, the better my Chinese got, the more I enjoyed my experience.
In conclusion, I would recommend working for SZIPTC.
rogerwilco

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dirtybird1980 wrote:
I currently work for the Shenzhen International Personnel Training Center and I extremely like it. I've taught there last year and I will continue to teach their this year and here are my observations.

Where in China did you study English ?

dirtybird1980 wrote:
Food=-1000 RMB if I pig out

In Shenzhen it only costs about 11RMB a meal to "pig out" ??

dirtybird1980 wrote:
7) And they give you a ton of free stuff! A TON! Right before spring festival I got like 50 lbs. of rice, 4 gallons of vegetable oil,

That much rice and oil is almost a lifetime supply, for most Western people....

dirtybird1980 wrote:
9) I will say this, I speak Chinese so my experience might be a little bit better than other posters.

So.. if I do not speak Chinese, then my experience might be the same as Ram77's ?
choudoufu

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dirtybird1980 wrote:
.....and I extremely like it......

i would have gone with "i very like it."
dirtybird1980

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha, sorry guys, I'm still brain dead from taking a 4 hour exam yesterday so my English is a little off. But to answer your questions:
If you cook your own food you'll save A TON of money, I spend about 100 RMB on groceries a week. Lunch and breakfast are free at your school so you only need to pay for dinner on weekdays and whatever you eat on the weekend.
Actually, between me and my significant other we go through 50 lbs. of rice in about 3-4 months.
Well that's hard to say. There are people here who don't speak any Chinese who like it here and those who come here speaking fluent Chinese who like it here. What most foreign teachers who can't speak Chinese do is invite an English teacher at the school to sit in and serve as a translator during your class or ask the 班主任 (head teacher of the class) to sit in the back and grade homework during your class so that kids behave while you're teaching them.
Bud Powell

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

" ... I got like 50 lbs. of rice, 4 gallons of vegetable oil, enough toilet paper to last me for a year, shampoo and conditioner (name brand Head and Shoulders big bottles that last you for months), hand soap, a knife set, pots and pans, rice cooker, and a lot more..."

I haven't eaten fifty pounds of rice since I was born, and four gallons of vegetable oil doesn't do much for me either. Is that really an incentive or a bonus?
dirtybird1980

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say it's more of a bonus because I don't know what they would be trying to incentivize us to do by giving us so much food and whatnot (by the way, I failed to mention previously that every single teacher in my school, both foreign and Chinese, received these things so I think it's more of a Shenzhen Education Bureau thing than a SZIPTC thing).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: