Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PNU Saudi British Centre

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gems

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: PNU Saudi British Centre Reply with quote

hi I am new to the forum just been offered post at PNU through Saudi British Centre and a London based recruiter and am trying to find out as much info as possible on PNU Saudi British Centre and visa process. Any relevant info would be appreciated.
thanks
scot47

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"READ!" is what i would suggest ! Loads of info here. (Incidentally "Read !" is the opening word of the Koran.)
lynnknows

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do a search on SBC. I think you may think twice about working for them. Working for PNU is not too bad. I worked there and I enjoyed it, however, you really need to have the right employer.
mybox7008

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: RE: SBC offer Reply with quote

hi I am new to the forum just been offered post at PNU through Saudi British Centre and a London based recruiter and am trying to find out as much info as possible on PNU Saudi British Centre and visa process. Any relevant info would be appreciated.
thanks

Better suicide instead of accepting job with SBC. They are on of the recruiters who even don't care to pick up from the airport.

In short i just explain what i experienced with them...
gems

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that doesn't sound too good a start when did you experience this? did everything get sorted eventually when you were there
mybox7008

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:57 am    Post subject: RE: SBC Reply with quote

Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:57 pm Post subject:

that doesn't sound too good a start when did you experience this? did everything get sorted eventually when you were there
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last year when i was hired by them, after waiting 2 months for the Saudi Visa when i arrived in Saudi they gave me a nasty surprise. Luckly my friend was working in King Saud University so she accomodate me for a night and i returned back the other day.

Better you apply directly to the university, contractors are always a bad news except few.
nomad soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you who, despite the warnings, still plan to head to the Kingdom to work for SBC on a business visit visa, be aware that their current job ad states, "Iqamah holders WILL KEEP THEIR PASSPORTS (their caps, not mine). Business visa holders can obtain their passports within one day." This means they plan to illegally keep your passport---your sole form of official identification---during the time you're illegally working for them. Hmm... Still wanna work for them?
readytotravel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The word on the street here at PNU is that SBC is only hiring people who qualify for the iqama. All the SBC people I work with have one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: