Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Big City Comparison
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Banner41

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rlivings wrote:
what makes it or breaks it for you?

Banner41 wrote:
I would pick Shanghai over Beijing any day. Further from the seat of government, just all around cleaner, not as cold in the winter.

Rolling Eyes

From your description on what you are looking for, you have described like 50 cities. I don't work for their Chamber of Commerce. so, you just might have to break down and visit them. Everybody is looking for something different....ones' paradise is another's hellhole.
twilothunder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beijing has more history and culture, and (in my opinion) a better local music scene (probably because of the larger amounts of students). 798 is better than the equivalents in Shanghai.

Shanghai is decent but it really is mainly a business city. Traffic and pollution not quite as horrible as the Jing though.
Kysorb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, with the above thoughts

If you want to see "China" then Beijing is filled with museums, temples, and History. It's also a 30m train ride to Tianjin. and just a little further some other nice coastal cities like Beidaihe

When I went to Shanghai i was so disappointed by what the western influence has done to the culture of the city. Shanghai is cleaner and warmer, but to me it was not better a week holiday was enough for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: