Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

That's bizarre dude
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chinatimes

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Residual job troubles in China and in that other place not to be named, which he has detailed again and again in a rather confusing manner.

The school asked me to do things I didn't want to do. How is this confusing? I said no too many times, and I had to find a new school. Sounds pretty simple to understand.

That's the main problem with me, if the school is unwilling to maintain consistency I don't bend. There are other teachers I have worked with and they have agreed to jobs/tasks schools asked me to do first. This gains them "points" within the system and furthers me as being a good employee.

In this case, my current school (for only 2 more days, they have agreed to cancel my FEC Monday and allow my new school I signed a contract with today transfer) will not pay for January and February holiday months and they are trying to get out of paying some airfare.

Maybe this is a second problem with me, I talked to them about work issues in November. I could have kept silent, collected January pay, February pay, and airfare to go home and simply not return.

Is that the part that makes me insane? I would just say stupid/gullible. Next time, I am not discussing it with the school. I will just collect my holiday pay and not return. Enough being the nice guy trying to work things out.
Janiny

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My advice: bend, dude? The wild grass is stronger than the mighty oak because it bends to the wind rather than contending with it, Grasshopper. Cool
chinatimes

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janiny wrote:
My advice: bend, dude? The wild grass is stronger than the mighty oak because it bends to the wind rather than contending with it, Grasshopper. Cool

That's fine, but the point wasn't that I never bend, the point was that this current school isn't really treating its teachers as well as other schools. I'll update in another thread.
the lowlander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What on earth is the OP talking about?

Or am I missing something here?
chinatimes

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What on earth is the OP talking about?

I think school change. You might experience it yourself someday. Later.
the lowlander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for clearing that up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: