Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone know of a good Children's online learning site?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sisyphus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Anyone know of a good Children's online learning site? Reply with quote

A friend has asked me for a tip for a children's online learning site , sort of interactive thing is what they want, does anyone know of such a thing? Ive seen adult type english learning sites but not children's. Shocked
gator07

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try starfall.com. Very interactive and great for phonics/reading. I can't remember exactly, but I also think abcteach.com is another one... but not as interactive as the other one.
Teacher Jack

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not specifically online learning, but http://www.wegivebooks.org/ is a must visit for children learning English. A huge numbers of children's books to read.
VietCanada

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starfall.com is excellent. I've not found anything in its class in three years of searching.
hollysuel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found that starfall is great for young children and BarryFunEnglish.com is excellent for older kids. BarryFunEnglish also has worksheets one can print and use in the classroom as well.
sisyphus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the feedback some good stuff there, i was really thinking of more of an online internet live classroom type thingie where students and teachers interact together like a classroom etc if you get my drift.... Smile
hollysuel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sisyphus wrote:
thanks for the feedback some good stuff there, i was really thinking of more of an online internet live classroom type thingie where students and teachers interact together like a classroom etc if you get my drift.... Smile

I've done that quite successfully with barryfunenglish while screensharing. The students can't hear anything, but they loved it anyway--especially games like wheel of fortune.
hollysuel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sisyphus wrote:

I've done that quite successfully with barryfunenglish while screensharing. The students can't hear anything, but they loved it anyway--especially games like wheel of fortune.
AngelineFerrer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for posting, I really need this for my kids
Angel Smith

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For younger students, I used to use a website called Jumpstart. Has a whole load of worksheets and free printables and online games for reading. Those were for younger kids. Now I'm teaching English through Academic Content. more specifically, Science. So apart from the curriculum, sometimes I use http://www.schoolofdragons.com/ - The game uses concepts of the scientific method. Plus a lot of the instructions are in English so it is also a great learning experience and a test of how much English they can really follow. Again, which game you pick depends on the age group of your class.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: