Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Security Clearance Update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mathematist

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Security Clearance Update Reply with quote

Hi all. A question regarding the whole security clearance process for a government Adec position, LT.

How long is the maximum time it will take for this to go through and when is it safe to give up and assume things will go nowhere? Been hearing nightmare scenarios of anything between 10 days to more than 3 months.

Cheers.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Security Clearance Update Reply with quote

mathematist wrote:
Been hearing nightmare scenarios of anything between 10 days to more than 3 months.

This has pretty much always been true. I don't think I would consider this a "nightmare" scenario. You hear about a year wait with some Saudi jobs. It is mainly a time of year thing. For starts in Aug/Sept, they encounter the problem of Ramadhan and the Eid the last few years which slows things to a crawl.

It is just not predictable and only you can decide if and when to give up. If you have no obvious issues that may come up to block you in this process (such as... police related issues or previous Gulf employers who want revenge), it should go through eventually.

VS
mathematist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi VS. fully clean record, but I think it is due to the uprising and ethnic westerneRs like moi must now be prepared for this, yes?

Been hearing of people who have ben rejected clearance despite being employed with a company for years...

I been waiting nearly 14 weeks and nothing so far. Is it for applications in govt. Orgnisations as I'd have thought private instituitions may not have this problem...
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I'd say that the wait would be shorter (or the same) for Westerners and longer for other Arabs that the Gulf countries might not want in to rabble-rouse. Cool For instance, the UAE just arrested a bunch of Egyptian doctors who had set up a Muslim Brotherhood group.

What does your employer say?

VS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: