Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Beijing PSB/Entry Exit Bureau school transfer information

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chinatimes

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Beijing PSB/Entry Exit Bureau school transfer information Reply with quote

This is an update to confirm to make sure I am being told the same information and also to inform others in Beijing of any possible changes.

1. Your current school cannot cancel your FEC until your last working day with them.
2. After it is cancelled you only have 10 days to transfer to a new school.
3. You must stay in China before the transfer is complete.
4. What if they need more time after the 10 days? Hopefully, 1) they will allow you to stay in China longer, 2) You can book your flight after 10 days to be safe.
5. Don't give your current school your passport, apparently they only need the FEC. I am finding out now if I need to handover my passport because I need it back before my flight home.

They want you out of the country, but they don't give any assistance in knowing when all this can be sorted. If I had booked a flight in November, I definitely wouldn't have taken into account what I listed above and bought a ticket for an earlier date. This would have meant all new paperwork, new invitation letter, new health check, everything.
johntpartee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
new health check

It's my understanding that a health check is required every year and is required for a new resident permit no matter how much time has elapsed since the last one.
chinatimes

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johntpartee wrote:
Quote:
new health check

It's my understanding that a health check is required every year and is required for a new resident permit no matter how much time has elapsed since the last one.

If so, it's a new rule and we will find out next week. I have transferred twice, and the only issue about health checks came up when I switched from student visa to work visa. They wanted a new one then. After that, I transferred and used the same one.

Perhaps since I am not completing a year, that is allowing me to stay under the radar? I don't mind doing a new one, but it would make more sense to do that when I return, not before I leave China. Oh well.
kev7161

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Can't speak about Beijing, but I haven't had a residence-permit-health-check in, oh, about 7 1/2 years! Granted, I get renewed from year to year and have stayed at the same school so I don't know about the transition from one school to the next and a new resident permit for the new job.
mike w

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right Kev. You can change school / employer, but if you stay within the same area, and are just keep renewing your RP, there is no need for a new health check.

I've been in Beijing over 10 years, now with my third employer, only ever had one health check - over 10 years ago.
choudoufu

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ever heard the phrase..........'this is china?'

the requirement to renew your health certificate depends..............

i believe the law as written requires a new cert annually.
the law, she just don't be enforced.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: