Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hamster hyperbole

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fluffyhamster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Hamster hyperbole Reply with quote

Bieber forgiven for hamster gift

Press Association � 7 hours ago

Justin Bieber has apparently been forgiven by the California Hamster Association (CHA) for giving away his pet hamster.

The Canadian pop star introduced his new hamster PAC to fans on Twitter in October and revealed his pet was accompanying him on his Believe world tour.

But Justin, 18, came under fire from animal protection organisation the CHA after a video recently emerged on the internet of him giving his pet away to a fan while signing autographs outside the Jingle Ball in Atlanta, telling her "You gotta take care of PAC."

Last week a spokesperson for the CHA told gossip website TMZ.com: "[Hamsters] often succumb quickly to illness and death [when faced with] sudden environmental change. The moment that hamster was handed off to a screaming girl in a harsh, frenzied environment was likely the moment it gazed at the short path to its doom."

But PAC's new owner, Victoria Blair, has come forward to reveal he is doing fine.

She told Celebuzz.com: "I worship that little hamster - I love him. He's fine. He sleeps during the day and plays at night - he's acting like a normal hamster.

"I bought him a ball and he runs around. He stays right beside my bed. He'll wake me up and roll around. The next big thing I'm going to get is a hamster playground."

And the California Hamster Association have backed down on their criticism of Justin giving his pet away.

A spokesperson told Celebuzz.com "We have no ill will toward Mr Bieber.

"Our understanding is that owing to the way [Blair] received the hamster and from whom, the recipient is apparently doing her best to do right by the animal, and for that I suppose we could actually thank Mr Bieber. But... in most cases the situation would almost certainly turn tragic."

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/bieber-forgiven-hamster-gift-113533695.html
spiral78

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sp Beiber's pretty fickle when it comes to hamsters, apparently Cool Laughing
fluffyhamster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it was a very grumpy "problem" hamster? Surprised Laughing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmph2pfyvYU

As opposed to this one, say:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XZQysbAxaA
johnslat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear fluffyhamster,

"[Hamsters] often succumb quickly to illness and death [when faced with] sudden environmental change."

Considering the above, I have to admire your courage in pursuing your chosen career. Very Happy

Regards,
John
fluffyhamster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, TEFL has sometimes almost finished me. But hamsters are good at foraging and nibbling:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvrJT3-VIJ4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: