Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

teaching in India
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gems

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: teaching in India Reply with quote

I am looking for info on teaching in India, visa requirements, paid or voluntary long or short term any info gratefully recieved
tina20

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on what your experience/qualifications are and which city you want to live in. I'm not sure about visa requirements.

You can try to get a 1-2 yr contract with the British Council which has 4 teaching centres in India. You can also go in for a job with International schools that pay anything in between INR50,000- INR150,000. There is also corporate work available but mostly on a project basis and you should enter this market through the right contacts. These are some of the paid options.

Voluntary work is abundant. One can contact some well-known NGO/organisations to get started.

First decide on which city you're interested in. I can try and answer more questions after you've done your own research and have some specific queries.
scot47

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a better chance of winning the lottery than getting a visa to teach in India.

Volunteer opportunities MAY be possible for short periods.

Better to work in some place where you get a nice salary - and then spend it in India !
JudiKO

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Volunteer Teaching in Kerala, India Reply with quote

http://www.sagreenintl.com/

Check this organization out. It's in Kerala, in SW India.
scot47

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pay them to go and teach in Kerala ? That is the wrong way round. When you work THEY should pay YOU !

Paying so that you can teach is a bit like going into a restauarant and asking them how much they will pay you to eat the food.
Kitkat Biriyani

Location: New Venkatanarasimharajuvaripea, Missouri, USA, Q!Q!QQQ!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Eat free can do Reply with quote

Kitkat biriyani
Can do
Holland nearest
Fresh
Best priZe
Thank you
Solar Strength

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Eat free can do Reply with quote

Kitkat Biriyani wrote:
Kitkat biriyani
Can do
Holland nearest
Fresh
Best priZe
Thank you

Hi,

3 Dog night!

How are things?
aharbut

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:14 am    Post subject: Teaching in India Reply with quote

I taught in Chennai for a year but with an Am. company. The shifts were all over the place--morning, evening and all night sometimes. You got used to it; least I did. My accommodations were great and so was my salary but it was nearly impossible for them to get my visa extended. After all, most of the country speaks Engllish already--we were doing accent reduction for a huge call center. The poverty never stops so brace yourself!
EFL Educator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Volunteer in India....it will give you great job satisfaction..but no savings! Shocked
MuscatGary

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I taught in Bangalore for two years on a MBA program. Great place, great students, great free accommodation. Only problem was getting paid, the salary was often late. I worked on a business visa as a H.E. consultant.
fat_chris

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scot47 wrote:
Pay them to go and teach in Kerala ? That is the wrong way round. When you work THEY should pay YOU !

Paying so that you can teach is a bit like going into a restauarant and asking them how much they will pay you to eat the food.

Seconded.

Never, ever pay to work.

Warm regards,
fat_chris
MuscatGary

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fat_chris wrote:
scot47 wrote:

Seconded.

Never, ever pay to work.

Warm regards,
fat_chris

Agreed, and also try not to work just for pay!
EFL Educator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadkamaya School in Kerala is seeking EFL volunteer teachers to teach English ASAP. This is a wonderful opportunity to make a difference in children's lives. Give your time and and teach here...a truly rewarding experience awaits you!
EFL Educator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sakya Institute in Himachai Pradesh (Northern India) is currently seeking EFL instructors to teach Himalayan Buddhist Monks English. I have some friends teaching there and they say they love it. It sounds like quite a rewarding opportunity in India. Smile
EFL Educator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

International World School in Ahmedabad, India is offering s very lucrative teaching post for a native English speaker...check it out..this is your once in a lifetime opportunity to teach and make a difference. Good luck! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> India All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: