Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Employement Taxes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kimo50

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:32 am    Post subject: Employement Taxes Reply with quote

I have always been curious about the taxes paid by my employer on my behalf. When I query management, I am told I would need to send my passport (original not a copy) for presentation to the tax office in Beijing for a printout of the taxes paid. Does this sound correct? Anyone else have experience trying to get tax information?
chinatimes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may find out next week, but at my last school I went to a tax office in the district and they printed out a sheet showing how much was paid.

With all the talk we need a lot of paperwork, I doubt this one sheet which shows rather small amount taken out will be enough to convince banks to transfer my money. However, I will try and see.

I am bringing my contract with me too just in case. If anyone has done this before, please let us know. Do we need just a 1 page printout or is there more? If so what (besides contract)?
kimo50

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Yax Office Reply with quote

I am in Hunan. I was told I would have to send my passport to the company's office in Beijing for then to present at the tax office in Beijing to get the statement.
hochhasd

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chinatimes wrote:
I may find out next week, but at my last school I went to a tax office in the district and they printed out a sheet showing how much was paid.

With all the talk we need a lot of paperwork, I doubt this one sheet which shows rather small amount taken out will be enough to convince banks to transfer my money. However, I will try and see.

I am bringing my contract with me too just in case. If anyone has done this before, please let us know. Do we need just a 1 page printout or is there more? If so what (besides contract)?

The BOC rep told me he needed a copy of my contract and a tax form showing how much I make a month. They will take the amount I make a month and times it by what month I am going to transfer the money . This amount is converted to your countries currency and that is the max you are allowed to send home.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: