Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Long weekend.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico (off-topic)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MotherF

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Long weekend. Reply with quote

I'm coming to Mexico City!

I know many of you will be leaving town for the puente (Feb 2-4), but if not, want to get together?

The whole family is coming as we are going to a wedding on Saturday, (in Chalco! Surprised ) and staying Saturday and maybe Sunday with family in el Estado de Mexico (Reyes or something like that). Then probably staying at a more centrally located hotel Monday night, because Tuesday morning we have appointments to renew the children's passports at the US Embassy.

So does someone want to do something family orientated on Sunday or Monday? The zoo? the Papalote Museum? Something like that.
BadBeagleBad

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, man, I think I will be gone by then, but if not I�d love to go to the Papalote, haven�t been in years, and I love it, even without kids. Will keep you posted on how fast (or not) the Fat Man�s company is installing my internet connection in Zacatecas, it all depends on that. So far the guy has been a no show twice.
Isla Guapa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be here over that weekend. I've never been to the Papalote Museum and I'm always up for the zoo. It would great to finally meet you in the "real" world Smile !
notamiss

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I�m in. (Barring any last-minute hitches.) Do you think you would like to fit in a stop at our part of the city � a ride on the canals � it depends where the place is that you�re staying with family. Because where we are is �close� to Chalco, i.e., at least towards the same end of the city.
MotherF

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooo, that sounds fun notamiss--will it be terribly crowded that weekend? I don't think the young doctor has ever been, and I haven't been since 1999!
notamiss

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! Let�s discuss it off-list. I will also consult with the �old doctor�.
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go figure...I'll be in Oaxaca state that weekend. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
BadBeagleBad

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, and due to a sudden development, I will be in Zacatecas. Darn.
MotherF

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBB,

I hope that sudden development means internet has been installed in your house? We gave up on the Fat man's company and got internet via antena last year, the draw back is the speed varies, so I don't think you could count on it for your job.

Guy, I hope the skies clear up, it's been over cast over most of the state this week. Enjoy the beach.

Isla, still possibly going to the on Monday Papalote, or maybe Universum, since the kids just saw that on TV last week and were impressed. (The museums won't be closed Monday, will they?)
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://papalote.org.mx/horarios-y-precios

You may want to call Papalote to see if they are open that Monday...in 2012 they regularly closed on Mondays.

Quote:
Guy, I hope the skies clear up, it's been over cast over most of the state this week. Enjoy the beach.

Anything would be better than the weather we're getting here right now. Well almost anything...-31C last night back in my part of Canada. Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Isla Guapa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy Courchesne wrote:
http://papalote.org.mx/horarios-y-precios

You may want to call Papalote to see if they are open that Monday...in 2012 they regularly closed on Mondays.

Quote:

Anything would be better than the weather we're getting here right now. Well almost anything...-31C last night back in my part of Canada. Shocked

As far as I know, museums in Mexico City are closed on Mondays, but it wouldn't hurt to check.

Right now it's really cold with gloomy gray overcast skies, and just a few minutes ago it was raining lightly. I hope things clear up by this weekend for MotherF's visit to the DF.
BadBeagleBad

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MotherF wrote:

I hope that sudden development means internet has been installed in your house? We gave up on the Fat man's company and got internet via antena last year, the draw back is the speed varies, so I don't think you could count on it for your job.

Yeah. apparently an installer just happened to be in the area and decided since it was an open order he would go ahead and do it. As far as my job goes, I have moved into another position which requires me to be online far less than before, sometimes as little as two hours a day, lots more paperwork, most of which can be done offline. I also bought a Banda Ancha USB modem from Telcel, for back up and it actually works surprisingly well for most things. One thing that Gerardo neglected to mention was that the neighbors on the other side of the street actually have a ranch, complete with fully funtional roosters, a number of cows, and at least two horses. One of the men appears to be a rodeo performer, and can be seen at all hours trying to lasso one of the aforementioned cows. And, yes, I know the difference between a cow and a bull. Maybe he is just starting out easy. Much different climate here, and yesterday it rained. Just normal rain, not rainy season rain. And I have nopales in the backyard (which is HUGE). Smaller than where you are, MotherF, but similar in a lot of ways. Very quiet most of the time, and the land where we are building is a 10 minute walk, so we can stroll over and see how things are coming along. We have three bedrooms, and one will eventually be a guest room, so please come and visit!
MotherF

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That all sounds really lovely to me. Especially the neighbors. But I'd much prefer the sounds of roosters over the sounds of traffic any day.
Hopefully, they don't have a donkey. We have a donkey nearby (usually about 800 meters away from my windows) and boy--that sucker is LOUD.
notamiss

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a sprinkle of rain here in DF yesterday, too.

Our neighbours across the street have a rooster, but I never notice it. We must have got accustomed to it. I wouldn�t even know he was there if it weren�t that every time we have houseguests, they mention being woken up by him.
BadBeagleBad

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MotherF wrote:
That all sounds really lovely to me. Especially the neighbors. But I'd much prefer the sounds of roosters over the sounds of traffic any day.
Hopefully, they don't have a donkey. We have a donkey nearby (usually about 800 meters away from my windows) and boy--that sucker is LOUD.

Yeah, I don�t mind the roosters, the cows are actually nosier. They don�t have a donkey (as far as I know), but they do have a cute little burro and a couple of really funny looking yellowish dogs with really long legs and stand up ears (think French Bulldog). Friendly dogs, though one of them starred me down till I gave him a piece of the tamale I was eating out on the patio tonight. Very little traffic. Almost as many horses go by as cars. More bikes than anything, and a few ATV. I want one of those!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico (off-topic) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: