Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

welcome to Vietnam

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thomnguyen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:59 am    Post subject: welcome to Vietnam Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I'm Thom coming from Vietnam. I'm a new member and want to improve my English. Nice to meet you.. Embarassed Very Happy
vabeckele

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Thanks for the welcome Reply with quote

Hello, Thom.

I must say you have strong nerves to come on an ESL site such as one like this - Admirable.

Thanks for the welcome and I would like to return that on behalf of all the teachers here on the board.
sigmoid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Thom -

This forum is in the "Jobs Discussion" section in which teachers discuss living and working in various countries.

You can read various opinions about working and living in Vietnam here and if you want, add some of your own thoughts and views. I think it would be interesting to learn about the perspective of a VN student.

What do you guys really think about your teachers? What do you like? What do you dislike? How can foreign teachers improve their lessons?

If you just want to discuss general topics with other learners though, check out this board for students:

http://forums.eslcafe.com/student/
thomnguyen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, I just want to join and see what you are thinking about VN, about working as teacher in VN. As I see, you have negative eyes to me Sad It's "the internet meeting place for ESL/EFL students and teachers from around the world!"; and you are talking about teaching English in VN; so that I just want to share something about this working because I am also a teacher of English and I am working for a language center which teach for primary and secondary schools; so that maybe I understand more about VN students and working environment here but from the beginning I think I was not welcome Sad *so sad*
skarper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best to ignore the negativity as best you can.

In the meantime open a thread with some specific question or topic for discussion and see what happens.

I don't see why Vietnamese teachers or students shouldn't read and post here.
bobpen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OP seems to be pulling the good old zig-zag. First he's some kind of student wanting to practice english, then no, he's a worker in a center looking to hire teachers through chat boards. Next he fabricates comments that no one ever said.

thomnguyen wrote:
Hello everyone, I'm Thom coming from Vietnam. I'm a new member and want to improve my English. Nice to meet you..

Quote:
I'm not a student. I want to join in topic Vietnam to meet who want to come and work at Vietnam as a English teacher for primary schools because I'm working for a language center in VN and we are looking for western people who want to travel to VN and work at my country. Also, I want to see your points about our country. If Im posting in wrong place, sorry everyone

Quote:
In my opinion, I just want to join and see what you are thinking about VN, about working as teacher in VN. As I see, you have negative eyes to me Sad It's "the internet meeting place for ESL/EFL students and teachers from around the world!"; and you are talking about teaching English in VN; so that I just want to share something about this working because I am also a teacher of English and I am working for a language center which teach for primary and secondary schools; so that maybe I understand more about VN students and working environment here but from the beginning I think I was not welcome
kurtz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobpen wrote:
The OP seems to be pulling the good old zig-zag. First he's some kind of student wanting to practice english, then no, he's a worker in a center looking to hire teachers through chat boards. Next he fabricates comments that no one ever said.

thomnguyen wrote:
Hello everyone, I'm Thom coming from Vietnam. I'm a new member and want to improve my English. Nice to meet you..

Quote:
I'm not a student. I want to join in topic Vietnam to meet who want to come and work at Vietnam as a English teacher for primary schools because I'm working for a language center in VN and we are looking for western people who want to travel to VN and work at my country. Also, I want to see your points about our country. If Im posting in wrong place, sorry everyone

Quote:
In my opinion, I just want to join and see what you are thinking about VN, about working as teacher in VN. As I see, you have negative eyes to me Sad It's "the internet meeting place for ESL/EFL students and teachers from around the world!"; and you are talking about teaching English in VN; so that I just want to share something about this working because I am also a teacher of English and I am working for a language center which teach for primary and secondary schools; so that maybe I understand more about VN students and working environment here but from the beginning I think I was not welcome

Internet forums must be treated with a degree of caution. Cyberspace is where anyone can be anyone they want to be. My gut feeling is that this character is a banned Dave's user having some fun with a new character. I might be mistaken, but then I again, I might be not be. So sad T.T
Mr. Kalgukshi
Mod Team
Mod Team

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is being monitored for compliance with board policies and regulations. Some postings have been deleted.

The Report Post and PM functions are available to report questionable and/or problematic postings to the Mod Team.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Vietnam All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: