Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wall Street izmir- any thoughts/experiences?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ladycaza

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Wall Street izmir- any thoughts/experiences? Reply with quote

Hello - Looking into working at Wall Street in Izmir and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts/experiences on the school?
sixthchild

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ladycaza

You seem to be jumping from one language school to another and at the end of the day its a bit of a lottery. Wherever you choose its gonna be a bit of a haul for you been a raw recruit and all that. I think its fair to say that Wall street is one of the more professional outfits, English Acadamy is considered to one of the best, they generally pick more experienced teachers. So as long as they (Wall street) are prepared to look after the legal aspects of your employment then it may not be too bad. Its a central location in the city and you should prepare to work yourself as many hours as you can, I would try and do something about your hourly rate if you can, expect to pay a monthly rent between 500 tl for a grotty small damp pit of a place to almost double that for something that resembles a bit more of what you are used to. Good luck, pm me if you need other info!
Ladycaza

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey sixthchild,

Lol yeah i guess it does seem like i'm jumping about but i keep getting email offers and i really want to go to the school that's the right fit for me. I have sent my CV to english academy but as i have no experience as yet they haven't gotten back to me Sad

Yeah i was worried about the state of the accommodation. I'm not a princess but i do have certain standards that i refuse to acquiesce on!

Do you live or have you lived in Izmir? I will definitely drop you a line and pick your brains Smile thanks for the offer!
sixthchild

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Yeah I live here, in fact I'm what you may refer to as a long term resident. Feel free to pm when you have enough posts to your name.
Ladycaza

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sixthchild,

I didi try to pm you but perhaps you've not received it. I don't think i have enough posts to my name.

I have asked to see the contract for the school in the hope of siging however after 2 weeks training in erenkoy i'll have to find an apartment in izmir. I have no idea about neighbourhoods, how to apply ( as i'd like to have one set up before i head out there) or what is acceptable to s=ask for. ie. yes i 'll take it but i want a double bed put in etc etc. Any advice would be grand.

Thanks so much!
sixthchild

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ladycaza

Got your pm, check your inbox.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Turkey All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: