Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

US Ivy League Consultants

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeijingBill

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:41 am    Post subject: US Ivy League Consultants Reply with quote

Does anyone have any experience with them?
fat_chris

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: US Ivy League Consultants Reply with quote

BeijingBill wrote:
Does anyone have any experience with them?

I do not have any experience with them, so I apologize for the slight irrelevance of my posting.

I look at their name and I wonder: how much of a connection do they have with the real US Ivy League?

I think I already know the answer to that question.

Warm regards,
fat_chris
BeijingBill

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:20 am    Post subject: Well..... Reply with quote

I am sure this company caters to other colleges. I mean they would have to. No real market in trying to get chinese student's into only ivy league schools. If I had Bill's Hot Dogs I would serve other things besides hot dogs hehehe
Burke

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have more info like a web site, home office location? How did you find them or vice versa. I can't find any commercial listing by that name and it sounds like a Chinese wannabe operation. Post some details we can hunt down.
wonderingjoesmith

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last month, there were a few Chinese consultants that claimed to have been from states on my campus. After a candid conversation with me on their first day in the school, one admitted that they were based in some small town in China. It was hard to get much out of them and the following few days they stayed they cooled off. They even closed their office door on me, when I was passing by. I know i should've knocked.

I guess they're well trained to address inquiries. But my students aren't. I'll ask the more honest people on the beginning of semester and share whatever's helpful. Perhaps, those friendly consultants were from the same "league" as OP's.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: