Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kajonkietsuksa School Phuket?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Welcheronymus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Kajonkietsuksa School Phuket? Reply with quote

This month I begin working on getting certified as a secondary English teacher in the US (I'm a US citizen and resident) through the TeacherReady program. My (almost non-existent) background in education includes tutoring adults in English conversation, 2 years training teachers in the Peace Corps in South Africa, completing a TEFL certificate in China in 2003, and possessing a Bachelor's Degree in English.

I have considered Thailand as a possible place to start teaching while working on the certification. One school I have contacted is the Kajonkietsksa School in Phuket. A search of the forums at Dave's for info on this school yields results that are 5+ years old. Just wondering if anyone has any recent or updated info on this school? Also, any info on Phuket (cost of living, things to do, the culture) is appreciated as I have not been able to find much about the area in these forums. Is there some reason most people don't go to Phuket?
tttompatz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Kajonkietsuksa School Phuket? Reply with quote

Welcheronymus wrote:
Is there some reason most people don't go to Phuket?

High cost of living compared to the rest of the country (highest in the country in fact).

Lower than usual wages due to the fact that every tourist and their dog wants to live/work next to the beach or will work for peanuts to extend their stay on the beach.

Higher than average turn-over rates because the staff are easily replaceable.

Welcheronymus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Re: Kajonkietsuksa School Phuket? Reply with quote

Thanks, tttompatz! I'll keep those points in mind when evaluating prospects in Phuket.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: