Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

interactive whiteboard software
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coledavis

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: interactive whiteboard software Reply with quote

Hello. Can anybody recommend some ESL/EFL software for interactive whiteboards? I am particularly interested in software for
a) adults, preferably at intermediate level
and
b) teenagers, at intermediate and lower levels.
nomad soul

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consider posting on the technology forum.
coledavis

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nomad soul wrote:

Ok, will do, but I think more people look at this board so I would like to keep this thread up if you don't mind.
Xie Lin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coledavis wrote:
nomad soul wrote:

Ok, will do, but I think more people look at this board so I would like to keep this thread up if you don't mind.

I don't see why anyone would object. I certainly don't! Very Happy

coledavis

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xie Lin wrote:
coledavis wrote:
nomad soul wrote:

I don't see why anyone would object. I certainly don't! Very Happy

Thanks XL!
nomad soul

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww... Of course I don't mind. The tech forum is relevant to your question; it's just another place for you to post. But hey, while I'm at it, there's also the teacher discussion forum on this site, http://forums.eslcafe.com/teacher/, which focuses solely on teaching. Smile
coledavis

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nomad soul wrote:
Aww... Of course I don't mind. The tech forum is relevant to your question; it's just another place for you to post. But hey, while I'm at it, there's also the teacher discussion forum on this site, http://forums.eslcafe.com/teacher/, which focuses solely on teaching. Smile

Thanks. I will look. Smile
cmp45

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We use smart boards, but unclear as to your question...are you looking for specific -different brands of smart board technology or additional software programs to use with the smart board?

I have some info but will have to reterive it from work tomorrow... asi don't have the recall to accurately write about it now, but will check as I do have some info Rolling Eyes Will try to rmember to post what I have tomorrow... Wink
stay tuned...just re read your post...software it is...
coledavis

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you know some software that you think is particularly good, I would be very grateful for your recommendations. Preference: title of the software and publisher (for example Pearson, Oxford ... ), but title by itself would do.
Thanks.
cmp45

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coledavis wrote:
If you know some software that you think is particularly good, I would be very grateful for your recommendations. Preference: title of the software and publisher (for example Pearson, Oxford ... ), but title by itself would do.
Thanks.

Here is a link that may offer some alternative to your search...
http://www.bobsedulinks.com/Smart_Board_Links.htm
other than that most people I know including my self, just design supplementary materials on our own or use exisiting course books utilizing the software already included in the smartboard.
You may want to look at Q-skills series: Oxford
I believe they do offer i-tools software to use with the books.
coledavis

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that. The people who asked me about this, a local university in Russia, asked me for recommendations. They already know that there is a range of software, as they have the catalogues from three different publishers. What they are wondering is if any language teachers have actually used some of the software and can recommend any.
LongShiKong

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which brand of IWB are you using? I presume you're talking about publisher-created software usable on any windows-based IWB. Why not start with publisher online catalogs and see if the coursebook you want to use has an IWB component? I know Cambridge's Face2Face and Interchange do.

SmartBoard(TM) is but one brand which, in addition to using any windows-based software, lets you create interactive content using its proprietary software. You can also download content made by others but can anyone tell is if you can convert such content to other formats?
coledavis

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. The people who asked me to find out have already got various publishers' catalogues. They, however, are asking if any teachers can recommend any particular programs that they use or have used.
LongShiKong

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coledavis wrote:
nomad soul wrote:

Actually, I'd started a IWB thread on there Oct 2011---after 1,103 views, only 1 reply. So far, this thread on that forum has generated only 33 views and 0 replies---not a very active forum, is it? If you want to start a 'discussion', this is where. The same could be said for 'Teacher's Forums'--only a few active contributors but apparently, 100s if not 1,000s of specators. Great place for soft selling which is what may have killed interest in the student forums--every other post is a plug for someone's school or website.
coledavis

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this a wind-up? I have put the request on two other boards, as recommended, to no avail. This is the only board that seems to get responses but each one is of the "I shouldn't start from here" variety. Look, people, please, if you can assist with a request (in this case, citing software for interactive whiteboards that you personally like), it would be very much appreciated. Otherwise, you really do not need to comment. Honestly, I won't mind!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: