Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BeijingTeach anyone?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FlyingJames

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: BeijingTeach anyone? Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I have an interview with BeijingTeach. Now, since I'm new to teaching English abroad, I'm doing due diligence in researching on a worthwhile company to teach.

With this company, besides the website, I can't find any reviews on this company from fellow teachers. I'm not to fussed about making lots of money, rather I'm just looking to get a start with a company that's legitimate and will follow the contract.

Anyone ever heard of this company? They offer free lunch during teaching hours, which sounds good, but the absence of any reviews online could be viewed as a concern.

Thanks in advance.
niko martinez

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to 'thebeijinger.com' to research this school. Also, you can just ask the teachers at the school if they have work visas, are being paid on time etc... Most importantly,don't forget that an 'agent' in China is just a euphamism for 'pimp'. Find a job on your own, do the walking on your own, get on the subway and go...
chinadad

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
They offer free lunch during teaching hours, which sounds good

Nothing like exciting ex-pat perks to pull in highly qualified candidates Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
mkaplan225

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: they did a good job Reply with quote

I'm now here in Beijing, like the job, apartment is comfortable and I'm loving the city. They did a good job. Would recommend
fat_chris

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:29 am    Post subject: Re: they did a good job Reply with quote

mkaplan225 wrote:
I'm now here in Beijing, like the job, apartment is comfortable and I'm loving the city. They did a good job. Would recommend

How's the free lunch? Delicious? Filling?

Warm regards,
fat_chris
choudoufu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:18 am    Post subject: Re: BeijingTeach anyone? Reply with quote

FlyingJames wrote:
They offer free lunch during teaching hours, which sounds good, but.......

"� finita la cuccagna!"
fat_chris

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: BeijingTeach anyone? Reply with quote

choudoufu wrote:
FlyingJames wrote:
They offer free lunch during teaching hours, which sounds good, but.......

"� finita la cuccagna!"

Laughing Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Laughing

http://translate.google.com/#auto/en/�%20finita%20la%20cuccagna

Warm regards,
fat_chris
KidBearPig

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything else regarding BeijingTeach? That is a fairly short and abstract recommendation as to choosing this company to work in China. Any specifics on the apartment, location of school, type of school, hours per week, teaching methods, etc.?
SunShan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any progress with BeijingTeach? I'm thinking of applying with them too, but can't find any reviews other than this thread.
mkaplan225

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:54 am    Post subject: They did right by me Reply with quote

Everything they said was what happened and would 100% recommend any potential first time teacher to work with them.
Ariadne

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, is it a school or is it a recruiter?

Professional TEFLer

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: they did a good job Reply with quote

mkaplan225 wrote:

So, the apartment is OK? That's my big concern. Are you still doing good in Beijing? I have an interview with BeijingTeach next week myself which is why I am inquiring.
mkaplan225

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a recruiter -- definitely one of the best and most professional in Beijing. I'm still here, finsihing up work over the summer and then off to Tianjin with BJTeach
Professional TEFLer

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard that you go over there with an F-Business visa (I think that is the name they mentioned), work for 3 months, go to Hong Kong for a day then go back. I am not sure how that gets on the Z visa. Has anyone who has used Beijing Teaches had to go through this?

I thought you needed the Z visa BEFORE going?

Also, could I do the physical in the USA or do I wait to get to China and if so do I have to pay for it?
mkaplan225

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Visas in china are complicated, it's all about who you know and Beijingteach is definitely hooked up. They brought me out on the F and then transferred it over to the Z. very difficult to enter China on the Z. Didn't do a visa run yet but it's possible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: