Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anglo Centres TEFL cert, Spain?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MsBlackcurrant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Anglo Centres TEFL cert, Spain? Reply with quote

Has anyone heard of Anglo Centres? They offer a range of TEFL courses in southern Spain. Their prime course is 220 hours, 4 weeks, and they also run a 120 hour course over a shorter period with 6 hours' teaching practice.

I've taught EFL before without a proper TEFL cert., and also have a PGCE in French, but I'm a rather rusty teacher. I'm looking for onsite TEFL tuition of at least 120 hours with 6 hours' teaching practice, since this is what my future TEFL destination requires.

Although I realise that course recognition is a hit and miss affair unless you have a CELTA or Trinity Cert., it would be useful to know what graduates of Anglo Centres feel about their training.
wylieneill

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I did the 4 week Intensive Advanced TEFL Certificate with Anglo centres in Tarragona 2 years ago. It was very helpful and the practical experience gained in teaching with the school in businesses and in schools while on the course was invaluable. So far, I have had no problems in Spain with this cert. I am now the DoS of a school in Mallorca and credit this cert and other qualifications which helping me to get this position.

It seems to be a rumour that you can only work in Spain with a CELTA/Trinity. Because they are the big names and the fact that they have an outside rep who obersves your teaching makes them no more valuable than a similar course with accredation by The College of Teachers for example.

The course with Anglo Centres was good value and the secretary helped my girlfriend and I to secure rent while doing the course.
MsBlackcurrant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for that.
spiral78

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My own original cert (way back when) was a generic one. I just highlight on my CV that it was 120 hours on site and included the key teaching practice with real students. I have never had any problem with this in Europe, and the Canadian government even recognized it as meeting their national standards for working in language schools (in Canada you have to have a CELTA or equivalent to work even in private language schools).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Spain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: