Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visa Documents

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bretzlz86

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Visa Documents Reply with quote

Hey all,
I have a question about the visa documents. I've been teaching in Korea for the last 3 years and I've been told I should get a criminal check, and my employment cert from my school here, and have them stamped by the Saudi office in Seoul. I will be going back to the USA In April, and will be applying from there. So should I even bother with that? Will a background check from my state suffice? Also what kid of time frame am I looking at to get to Saudi from applying? I've read a lot of places aren't very speedy. Thanks for your help!
scot47

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you looked at the MANY threads here that deal with this ? Try the SEARCH function.
bretzlz86

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried the search function. I've scrolled through pages of this forum looking for info. Unfortunately, anytime I search the page never seems to load, it just stops at a white screen. I'll try with another computer, but that is a problem I've had more than once with this forum. So this time I figured I would be easier to ask to see if anyone could steer me in the right direction.
scot47

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is one thread to start. There are others.

http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewtopic.php?t=97406&highlight=criminal
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure to use the search button near the log in... NOT the "site search." Type in your topic and tick "search for all terms." Choose Saudi Arabia on the drop down... hit search

It can be temperamental especially if there are too many threads.

VS
abayababy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With my visa application, I sent a notarized letter from my local police department. The application process itself only takes a few weeks. It is all the prep work you must do beforehand that is so time consuming. Definitely get a letter from your employer on company letterhead. Stamp, Shmamp.
bretzlz86

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks for the info. I thought that's all I needed but wanted to double check before I leave Korea. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: