Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Leaving a TESL job etiquette - PLEASE HELP!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scot47

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 11:05 am    Post subject: scotland Reply with quote

I would say they will deserve consideration when they are an independent State, instead of a tenth-rate province of the "Auld Enemy".
That Lisa Girl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmb- don't bother asking scot47 to take anything back. he seems to thrive on being as offensive and judgemental as possible. there are people out there who just can't understand seeing anyone happy. please don't take it personally, i made that mistake and wound up embroiled in the silliest of arguments.

peace and love,
lisa
scot47

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 4:53 am    Post subject: That Lisa Person Reply with quote

Lisa as usual is right. My sole aim in life is to make as many people as possible unhappy.
itslatedoors

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 5:28 am    Post subject: and.. Reply with quote

.....and to stay sober.
scot47

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 6:32 am    Post subject: sole aim Reply with quote

"sole aim" means I have only one.

No -doors my sole aim is to make people unhappy - especailly that lisa girl.
dmb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear scot47, why that lisa girl? Is she Scottish?
Capergirl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Lisa...that's not great pay for TO. I teach ESL in Nova Scotia and make more than that. I would say if you have an adventurous spirit, consider teaching in another continent. I've taught in South Korea and Taiwan--both jobs paid very well, although the hours were kind of crazy sometimes. At the moment, I'm considering moving to England to teach ESL...care to join me? Wink

Seriously though, it sounds as though your current position is giving you some headaches. Moving away will probably give you more options. Good luck! Very Happy
That Lisa Girl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Capergirl,

Thanks for the insight and advice! Actually, my first experience in EFL was
teaching overseas, in Israel, to be exact. It was an amazing experience, living and teaching abroad, but right now I'd rather stay in a place where I have some roots, at least for another few years, since I'm going back to school in the fall. The school I'm working at is probably one of the lowest paying in the city, so I don't want to give the impression that ALL language schools in Toronto are so cheap with their teachers. I'm still looking around for other opportunities. Unforunately some have come up but I've had to turn them down, since they wanted me to start right away and I just couldn't bring myself to quit with only a day or two's notice.

So where in England are you going to teach?! That's so exciting! I didn't realize that Canadians could get visas to teach in the UK! My adventurous spirit is right now being blanketed by certain commitments here, so I'm channeling it into other exciting creative endeavours and starting to travel around my own country as much as a I can!

With regards to Scot47: I no longer let him irk me as he once did. Every message board is bound to have a few disagreeable people; or maybe that's not fair to say, so let me rephrase that by saying that it's impossible to get along with everyone. Conflict is inherent in this kind of venue, I guess. So I don't let him spoil my fun with his cutting remarks. Besides, it's spring and I'm in love. What could be better than that? Smile

Peace,
Lisa
Capergirl

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lisa Smile

I just came back from a two-week trip to London yesterday. You know, people have told me over and over again that it is next to impossible for a non-EU citizen to get a working visa in England, but when I was actually in London I heard differently. My daughter's father lives and works in London and the agency he deals with is in the process of finding me an ESL position (with an employer who will sponsor a working visa). I love my current job--good pay, lots of flexibility, great students, a wonderful boss--but living in England means my daughter gets to be with both parents. Beyond that, I just loved London when I visited...didn't want to come back. Wink

Anyway, good luck with your dilemma. It seems as though you know what you want, you just haven't found it yet. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: