Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Warning Update again...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Javelin of Radiance

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This poster bloom and his other alias bloom have a history of posting this nonsense. By making a well thought out reply to this person you're just enabling the trolling. Hard to resist the urge I know but in doing so you're giving this guy what he wants. He obviously has copious amounts of time to waste. Do you?

I had to forgo scratching my rear end to post this. Now I will proceed.
choudoufu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Javelin of Radiance wrote:
This poster bloom and his other alias bloom have a history of posting this nonsense. By making a well thought out reply to this person you're just enabling the trolling. Hard to resist the urge but in doing so you're giving this guy what he wants. He obviously has copious amounts of time to waste. Do you?

i have a theory. these 'china is a cesspool' posters are in reality recruiters.
they post rubbish, thereby encouraging other forum members to describe
the reality of teaching in china.

so here goes:

Eatin' rainbow stew in a silver spoon,
Underneath that sky of blue.
We'll all be drinkin' that free bubble-up,
Eatin' some rainbow stew. Cool
Javelin of Radiance

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

choudoufu wrote:
This poster bloom and his other alias bloom have a history of posting this nonsense. By making a well thought out reply to this person you're just enabling the trolling. Hard to resist the urge but in doing so you're giving this guy what he wants. He obviously has copious amounts of time to waste. Do you?

so here goes:

Have you been listenin to the newly released Hendrix album by any chance? Laughing
choudoufu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

commi-naizi's spys wrote:

musical philistine wrote:

Have you been listenin to the newly released Hendrix album by any chance? Laughing

merle.
ecubyrd

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This poster bloom and his other alias bloom have a history of posting this nonsense. By making a well thought out reply to this person you're just enabling the trolling. Hard to resist the urge I know but in doing so you're giving this guy what he wants. He obviously has copious amounts of time to waste. Do you?

Yeah, most likely you're right, but then again I don't really care so much about trolling. Let him do his thing; it gives him some self-worth.

choudoufu wrote:

I had the same theory (albeit mine was he/sheit being one for kimchi-land trying desperately to steer noobs there).
LarssonCrew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny watching posts like this.

True, he could be a recruiter or a troll but the blatant responses from some, 'oh dear, must defend!'.

Some with sarcastic posts are obviously having fun, those who get too serious, well it's obvious.

I could see why someone would hate living in China, although I enjoy it. Cheats, lies, nationalism etc. could drive you mad in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Janiny

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My two cents, if I may:life's a bitch and thn you die. Leopold Bloom. If that's too much for you consider Abraham Lincoln. It is now widely held that the man suffered from manic-depression/a bipolar personality. He head the bad luck to be president in the darkest days of American history, and was often quite miserable, and yet he said, "Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." Get the hint, friend Bloom? If you want to be miserable, well then you're gonna be. I would suggest a radical attitude change. You may then only be fooling yourself, but I think you'll find that it's quite adequate to do so.
BeijingBill

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:54 am    Post subject: Quit Lying to Yourself..Get a Real Job Reply with quote

"I make a great salary, I have a fully paid-for apartment with utilities"

Please Stop....If you think making under $30,000 is a great salary, you need to stop. And dont tell me you can save more in China, because you can save anywhere if you try.
ecubyrd

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: Quit Lying to Yourself..Get a Real Job Reply with quote

BeijingBill wrote:
"I make a great salary, I have a fully paid-for apartment with utilities"

Please Stop....If you think making under $30,000 is a great salary, you need to stop. And dont tell me you can save more in China, because you can save anywhere if you try.

Possibly he/she makes more than that or is just stating that is a great salary for him/her? Sure, you can save anywhere if you try, but how much you can save could be exponentially different.
NoBillyNO

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If that's too much for you consider Abraham Lincoln. It is now widely held that the man suffered from manic-depression/a bipolar personality. He head the bad luck to be president in the darkest days of American history, and was often quite miserable, and yet he said, "Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."

Didn't he say this while presiding over the bloodbath at the Battle of Antietam.
LeopoldBloom

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will just state: I'm happy where I am now for the past three years and before that I was generally happy as well. Teaching in China was the worst experience in my life and I believe the rules are totally skewed against foreign and domestic workers if you are being treated badly.

Glad that it is a good experience for several people there and things can work out. I post from time to time to remind people considering China to be extremely careful. Some jobs in China can be absolute misery and you will have little recourse to get out of them other than returning home on your $. Don't take a job in China on a whim! Thoroughly research the place and school and the many things before you get on a plane.

I would specifically warn about Wenzhou University unless things have dramatically bettered in just a few short years.

Good luck all. (And no I'm not married to "Lancy Bloom". I'm married to Molly Bloom.)

L Bloom.
ecubyrd

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeopoldBloom wrote:
I will just state: I'm happy where I am now for the past three years and before that I was generally happy as well.

Care to share where this 3 year happy place for you is?
kev7161

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Please Stop....If you think making under $30,000 is a great salary, you need to stop.

I don't earn under $30,000.
NoBillyNO

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I post from time to time to remind people considering China to be extremely careful.

Your so considerate!
sistercream

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mehh, horses for courses (or something like that).

There are plenty of us with proper qualifications and plenty of international exposure who CHOOSE to return to China (often again and again and again...).

This one of us has currently knuckled down to getting Permanent Residence in one of the southern SARs so she'll be able stay close by and go back whenever she wants (i.a.).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: