Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John Peter Sloane School

View previous topic :: View next topic  
elaine.adams216

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: John Peter Sloane School Reply with quote

I think I posted this in the wrong forum initially, sorry, I'm a newbie.

Has anyone worked, or is working for John Peter Sloane? They have a school in Milan and are opening a new one in Rome.

I have been called, after an interview, to a 3 day workshop, and am awaiting a confirmatory email.

I don't know if they will pay me for this, and would like to know what kind of salary they offer before I waste my time and theirs, I am fed up, like many of us, of being called to onerous interviews where they demand the earth and offer a pittance.

Also, what kind of employer are they? Good, bad, indifferent?

Any help please?
Teacher in Rome

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never heard of them (and I'm neither in Milan nor in Rome, despite my name!) but why don't you call them and get some salary answers before you commit to a three-day workshop? You could at least ask for a rough idea of terms and conditions, number of hours they're likely to give you if they employ you. Bear in mind, any info you get like this might be wishful thinking - nothing is in the bag until it's signed. Even then, plans can go awry at the last minute. Also ask about the workshop itself - will they pay you for you time, is it compulsory before they give you work, what it covers etc etc.

I have the impression that because the rest of Italy is up the swanny employment-wise, small schools also think they can call the shots with potential employees. But don't allow yourself to be bullied by employers who are over-reaching themselves in officiousness. If you don't get satisfactory answers, don't feel obliged to play their game. There are plenty more places in Rome to work and many that will take you on without forcing you to listen to them drone on for three days! (Having said all this, the workshop might be great...)
elaine.adams216

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: John Peter Sloane school Reply with quote

Hi and thanks for your input.

I was trying to avoid directly questioning them, hence the post here!

I always like to do my research beforehand. Has anyone had any experience with them? Please!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Italy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: