Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Saxoncourt recruiting for teachers in Rome

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jellybean1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Saxoncourt recruiting for teachers in Rome Reply with quote

This recruiting company are now recruiting for teachers in Rome. Seems a strange time of year to fill vacancies... Do you think they are simply getting folks details on the pretext of having them on file for the future?

Does anybody know anything about this company?

Has anyone ever worked for this company, in Rome, Italy or elsewhere?

Many thanks in advance.
Teacher in Rome

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree it's a strange time to be recruiting for Rome - it may be that they've got a brief to find candidates for an upcoming training project in a company, but that this project isn't due to start yet. Or not... why not phone and ask them? One thing though, if you're planning a move to Italy for the autumn, now wouldn't be such a bad time to start putting things in motion.

One caveat: the Italian economy is completely up in the air right now. Elections were inconclusive (or actually they were two fingers up to the existing political system) and if the financial problems get worse, any training project planned for the autumn is at risk of being put on hold.

About Saxoncourt: I've only contacted them once, a few years ago - and of course, their policy might now have changed. Back then, they said that they generally recruited only for entry level positions and that I would probably do better myself (financially) if I went to Rome and looked for a position myself. As it happened, I got a job through tefl dot com before moving to Rome with a company that advertised directly, rather than through a recruitment co like Saxoncourt.
Dancebiscuits

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the information I got when I contacted Saxoncourt, they're advertising a 'sample' (ie. fake) position so they can data capture from teachers' CVs and send you information about very different positions elsewhere at different times. They contact you back and say 'sorry that one's gone - interested in X or X or X instead?'. X currently being in China, in my case! Most of these other positions are indeed for beginners and offer lower salaries, in Europe at least.

In essence, there are no positions in Rome, on the salary they quote, starting in the near future, that are being recruited for by Saxoncourt.

However, an agency as dominant, prolific and aggressive as them may well get the good contracts from recruiters in the future so don't write them off.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Italy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: