Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie to Cambridge exams needs advice!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eihpos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Newbie to Cambridge exams needs advice! Reply with quote

I'm going to be teaching the Cambridge exams ( probably mainly FCE and PET) for the next couple of months. I have plenty of general English experience, but have done very little exam preparation. I've been looking at sample papers, I have an idea as to what is expected in the exams. However, I need some tips about actually teaching it!

Does anyone have any advice or links?It would be greatly appreciated!
tttompatz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Re: Newbie to Cambridge exams needs advice! Reply with quote

eihpos wrote:
I'm going to be teaching the Cambridge exams ( probably mainly FCE and PET) for the next couple of months. I have plenty of general English experience, but have done very little exam preparation. I've been looking at sample papers, I have an idea as to what is expected in the exams. However, I need some tips about actually teaching it!

Does anyone have any advice or links?It would be greatly appreciated!

Get the student books and teacher's guide to go with the tests from Cambridge University Press?

HLJHLJ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you checked the teacher's section of the Cambridge website? They have lots of resources including lesson plans.
Teacher in Rome

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long have you got - ie is the preparation pretty intensive? If the students are already up to the level, getting them familiar with the exam format (practice tests, going over specific writing functions, speaking practice etc) is probably fine. If your students are not up to the level, and you've got very little time, have a look at something like PET Practice Tests (Longman) which also has very useful grammar and vocabulary banks with exercises.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: