Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where do I buy one? ^^

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ssjup81

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Where do I buy one? ^^ Reply with quote

I feel rather foolish for this, but felt I would be better asking this here than on gaijinpot. Anyway, I've started my new job. Still setting in. This is technically my second day on it and my first time having to do a visit to a company as the actual teacher. First time in general as I never ha to do that at the previous Eikaiwa I worked for. Right now, I'm reading through my teacher's manual. It was just given to me right before my lesson I just finished up. Anyway I understand the dresscode and whatnot, wear a suit, all that. I knew, and remembered that from the getgo. The thing that got me was the part that said...

All teachers should carry a briefcase. Backpacks or any other type of bag is NOT appropriate.

I was surprised that it wasn't brought to my attention. My office manager accompanied me here and I was carrying my backpack with my materials in it since it was my first visit. Maybe she'll say something later. *shrugs*

So where is a good place to buy a nice briefcase. I've never owned one, and getting down to it, I'm not too certain I've seen many women carrying them. The other main teacher at my branch has a briefcase but is a male teacher.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HLJHLJ

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rakuten and Amazon Japan both sell them online.

Also, there are a few second hand stores round here, Don Don Down on Wednesday and Treasure Factory are the biggest. When I was looking for a backpack they had lots of briefcases. Maybe there is something similar near you?
kathrynoh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was teaching, I used a satchel style handbag. They are more fashionable and feminine than a briefcase but still look professional.

They should be pretty easy to find anywhere that sells bags - I got mine in Harajuku for about 2000 yen and it has the option of backpack style straps or a shoulder strap - I'd just tuck the strap inside and carry it by the handle when I was onsite.
Shonai Ben

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Re: Where do I buy one? ^^ Reply with quote

ssjup81 wrote:

All teachers should carry a briefcase. Backpacks or any other type of bag is NOT appropriate.

.......would this be for JES by any chance?
ssjup81

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info guys. A satchel sounds nice and way more feminine than a briefcase.

And yes, it is JES.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Japan All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: