Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The B.B.C

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sixthchild

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:39 am    Post subject: The B.B.C Reply with quote

The B.B.C have been accussed of left -wing bais on the reporting of the death of the Baroness Margaret Thatcher, is that possible in this day and age? It was even said that presenters were not wearing the obligatory black tie when reporting her passing. Any comments on that?
Dedicated

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is this on the Turkey forum ?
sixthchild

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair question I think, firstly, the fact is that virtually every educational establishment has at some or another had or made use of B.B.C materials at one time or another and have a high regard for this organization, therefore it is interesting and informative to keep the world aware of their less than perfect political bias. In addition, a fair number of brit xpats just happen to live and work in Turkey and more than a few have something to say about this lady, good and bad, I don't fall in the latter group. Finally, the U.K forum seems to be otherwise engaged!

So Dedicated, now is your chance to say something colourful about this very ex-ex prime minister, be first on the Turkish forum.
Some say she was the greatest peace-time PM of the 20th century, others have a more negative viewpoint!
Dedicated

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sixthchild,

I'm not an ex-pat living or working in Turkey (though I have in the past).

Let the ex-pats in Turkey reply, though I'm still not sure of the relevance to the Turkey forum. This forum should be work related, so post under Current Events, please.
sixthchild

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a narrow perspective you have, it doesn't suit you so it won't suit anyone else! I was merely trying to find out what comments (if any) the working members of this forum had to say about this person, purely from an educational perspective of course, so it is work related isn't it?
billy orr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sixthchild wrote:
Fair question I think, firstly, the fact is that virtually every educational establishment has at some or another had or made use of B.B.C materials at one time or another and have a high regard for this organization, therefore it is interesting and informative to keep the world aware of their less than perfect political bias.

You are making an enormous leap to go from reporting that BBC has been accused of bias, to then stating that the BBC has a 'less than perfect political bias'. Some might say that is your bias, not the BBC's.
sixthchild

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes thats what is nice about demoracy, you can say what you like, a bit like this lady.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDtClJYJBj8

Can you imagine something like this happening in another country? Especially this one, very educational I think.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Turkey All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: