Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

British Council in Rome and Naples

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rufus_hannah

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: British Council in Rome and Naples Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering, how much does the British Council pay their English teachers in Rome and Naples in regards to their pay scale?

I cannot find any information anywhere and I would like to work in Italy in the future...

Thank you
horse

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I understand it, their pay scales (your personal ranking on said scales depends on qualifications) are fairly uniform across all regions, without much reference to local factors - meaning that teachers in poorer countries with lower living costs are relatively much better off than those in places like Rome and Naples. I may be wrong about that, but I'm sure that their website will have the answer. Why this should be so is, incidentally, largely mysterious to me. Perhaps it has to do with making postings in the less-requested places more desirable?

Italy has, in my experience, been a fantastic place to live, by the by.
rufus_hannah

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Horse.

As it happens they have jobs now being advertised now on their websites for Italy.

I am thinking more for the future rather than now because I just gotten a job with the British Council in Hong Kong
**beer-goggles**

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, a former colleague of mine works at the British Council in Naples. He told me a while ago that the going rate was E20 an hour. BUT you have to do ALL lesson prep on the premises. You are not permitted to lesson prep offsite.
This was about 3 years ago so perhaps things may have changed?
PC Parrot

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They obviously don't want their teachers to do any prep then.

Is there any more Nazi like industry than TEFL? And they call themselves liberals ... What piffle paffle!
**beer-goggles**

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

British Council Napoli are hardly a good example as to how to be professional in terms of interpersonal skills or giving any help or advice to say the least. Former colleagues hated contacting them as everything was either too much hassle or they deemed others as something they had trodden in. Personally I have had no dealings with them and prefer to keep it that way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Italy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: