Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quiet
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
M.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 12:09 pm    Post subject: Try Reply with quote

Quiet.

Try the inside of a freezer after about three bottles of vodka in Irkutsk in the winter. Quiet and comfy....if you have a dublionka on.........

m.
Shaman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lived in a tenement in Paris that a colleague described as having a "Les Miserables" charm to it. Domestic discord ran rampant at Dysfunction Junction. The abandoned appliances and materials (eg. a sink, stove, bricks, sticks) that were strewn about the hallways proved useful as battering rams after the latest romantic peccadillo had been discovered (usually 3 a.m.). However, I must admit that my French slang improved immensely Very Happy . Bellowing (en anglais) worked the first time - probably out of shock value. It dried up quickly after that. Get the earplugs - they work.

I agree with richard ame. For the earlier hours, I opted for one of two methods.
1. The passive - I put on the headphones and listen to something relaxing (classical, jazz, blues).
2. Fight fire with fire - I pulled out the nastiest CD I could find. I introduced the noisy neighbours to the stylings of Motorhead. If only the volume could have gone up to 11... Wink

Shaman
itslatedoors

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 5:27 am    Post subject: Quiet Reply with quote

Live under the sea or in a pond.
pirateinpanama

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 5:43 pm    Post subject: noise. Reply with quote

Forget about Latin America too. Nothing quite like a culture that loves to blast music at all hours, speak when you�re speaking, honk horns for trivial reasons, and are just noisemakers in general. Try a south Pacific atoll.
zakiah25

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 10:25 pm    Post subject: nothing at-all! Reply with quote

Yes but avoid that atoll in the Pacific where the French did their nuclear testing!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: