Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

can my Philippina wife get an entry visa to join me?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand
View previous topic :: View next topic  
knautica

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: can my Philippina wife get an entry visa to join me? Reply with quote

I'm planning to apply for ESL jobs in the Thailand.

If I manage to get work there, can my Philippina wife get an entry visa to join me?

Thanks for any information.
tttompatz

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: can my Philippina wife get an entry visa to join me? Reply with quote

knautica wrote:

If I manage to get work there, can my Philippina wife get an entry visa to join me?

If you get a non-B and have a work permit then yes, she can get a non-O and live there with you. This means you have a degree, are under 60 and are a native speaker or have a valid TOEIC score over 600.

If you don't get a non-b and W/P then no, she will not get a visa (unless she can qualify for a non-b in her own right).

btsmrtfan

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 3:48 am    Post subject: Re: can my Philippina wife get an entry visa to join me? Reply with quote

knautica wrote:

Assuming that she can exit the Philippines with no difficulty (this seems easier to do these days), she should have no problem entering Thailand without a visa and getting 30 days on arrival.

After which, you can start checking around for visa agencies in Thailand that will be able to secure a longer stay Tourist or other visa for her. Alternatively, she can make land transport visa run every 15 days for for the fee of 1700 baht or more. This gets old very quick so my suggestion is that you concentrate on obtaining a long stay visa, i.e., Tourist, Education, etc.

There are many, many Filipinos in Thailand these days. In fact, in some cases, they work for the visa agencies and are very helpful in assisting foreigners in English and Filipinos in Tagalog with visa issues.

She can remain in Thailand with absolutely no link whatsoever to your visa or work permit for as long as Thai Immigration approves it. Of course, both of you must maintain visas in good standing.

My Filipino friend and his wife have done this now for over a 1.5 years with no difficulty of any kind.

Good luck and continue to ask your questions here.

The answers may not always agree, but most will be helpful.
tttompatz

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Filipina married to a Kano needs only to do the 1/2 day seminar with the CFO to get her sticker (250 pesos) and immigration won't even bat an eye or ask any questions about her traveling abroad. She'll never have to worry about getting off-loaded, need an "invitation" to travel or show "proof of funds".

She will also need to the CFO course to update her passport to her married name.

On arrival in Thailand they will both get 30-day entry stamps.

Find work (assuming you have a degree and a US passport).

You will probably need to do a visa run to Laos to get an actual 60-day, double entry tourist visa before you can convert to a NON-O.

Once the paperwork is completed and IF you have more than 15 days remaining on your visa you can then change your status to NON-B. She can get a NON-O at the same time (from the main immigration office in BKK).

If you don't have 15 days remaining then it is another run to Laos to secure new visas.

If you do NOT have a degree then you will both need to secure a long term visa of another kind. EDU visas are the most common (good for a year and you can extend them).

Do be aware that working on anything other than a NON-B is illegal. The risk of consequences is low but if you pizz off the wrong Thai you will find out that your azz is indeed grass and just how many lawnmowers there are in the LOS.

IF you are married to a Pinay and live in the RP (have a 13a visa) then there is always work to be found with the Korean language academies in Cebu, the NCR or Baguio. You can also find work as a voice coach/consultant in one or more of the call centers in the NCR or Cebu.

Last edited by tttompatz on Tue May 14, 2013 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
knautica

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Greatly appreciated! Reply with quote

Thanks very much for your very helpful replies - That's very encouraging! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: