Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

can my Philippina wife get an entry visa to join me?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
knautica

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: can my Philippina wife get an entry visa to join me? Reply with quote

I'm planning to apply for ESL jobs in the Qatar.

If I manage to get work there, can my Philippina wife get an entry visa to join me?

Thanks for any information.
millie18

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your employer would apply for entry visas for both of you - then the residency application process would begin for both of you - she would be sponsored by you, her husband.

Right now, there is a ban on hiring Philippina maids, but I don't know about sponsoring a spouse of that nationality.
knautica

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

Thanks very much for your very helpful reply 
Manuel Geere

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:48 am    Post subject: Residence Permits in Qatar Reply with quote

The situation is a little more complicated than that stated by Millie18.

Your employer obtains a RP visa for you, you arrive in Qatar (unaccompanied by wife), complete the RP formalities of medical and fingerprints, and obtain your Residence Permit. Now you can open a bank account. With 6 months bank statements showing that your salary has been paid, you can apply to sponsor your wife. Your employer does not apply to sponsor her, but supports your application with an official letter. By the way, to obtain your RP, you need to have your degree and TEFL cert (if applicable) attested by a UK solicitor, the UK FCO, the Qatari Embassy in London, and the Qatari Foreign Ministry in Qatar.

To avoid waiting for the 6 months, when you have your RP, you can apply for a family visit visa, valid for one month, but renewable for up to 6 months - cost QR 200 per month. During the time that she is in Qatar on this visa, she cannot work and should not leave the country, as the visa will be automatically cancelled and you will have to apply again for a new visa if she wants to return. To obtain this visa, you need your RP, your marriage certificate (attested by the UK FCO, and by the Qatari Embassy in UK, and finally by the Qatar Foreign Ministry in Qatar), copy of her passport, and letter from employer.

That is the current situation regarding obtaining an RP from Qatar and also sponsoring your wife, irrespective of her nationality.
millie18

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The process depends on the employer.

Mine is able to bring the entire family in at the same time, residency/work permit is started for the employee immediately. After that is obtained the process is followed by the family - most of the time, everyone has their residency/family visa within 30 days if not sooner.

Others, like Manuel rightly describes require a wait of 6 months.
battleshipb_b

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://dohanews.co/post/50480165617/10-things-to-know-before-moving-to-qatar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Qatar All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: