Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ARC on your own

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adventuramust

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: ARC on your own Reply with quote

Although I am seeking full time and would like the paperwork completed by the employer and paid for as well, what is the alternative.

Applying for positions, the response is usually when I will be arriving. That being said, what is required to obtain an ARC and how much does it cost? How long does the process take? I believe I can stay without a visa for 30 days.
ncaraway

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deleted by author

Last edited by ncaraway on Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Ferfichkin

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most schools in Taiwan won't hire from abroad. They just don't need to. There are enough qualified people already in Taiwan.

To obtain an ARC you need to (a) find a job and sign a work contract, (b) get a health check at a local hospital, (c) bring the work contract and health check to the National Immigration Agency (NIA) along with your passport and a photo. That's about it. Once you get the job it's not that complicated, and your school will tell you what you need to do.

The 30 day visa exempt may be tricky. You'd likely have to find a job almost immediately in order to avoid a visa run. Still, a visa run is not that big a deal. You just have to fly to Hong Kong or wherever you want and then fly back again. That will reset your 30 days and provide enough time for your ARC to be processed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Taiwan All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: