Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Police Clearance in Saudi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inthisjourney

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:36 am    Post subject: Police Clearance in Saudi Reply with quote

What's the most current method for obtaining a police clearance?
My location: Dhahran
jaffa

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take passport to a police station in your home country. In the UK you wait about one month for a clearance paper.
trapezius

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the OP is asking about getting a police clearance IN Saudi, not FOR Saudi. I mean, he used the word "in" in his thread title. Furthermore, he gave us his location in Saudi, and that also points to what I said. (not to mention, he is already in Saudi, so he why would he need it from his home country?)

I don't know the exact procedure, but my wife went through the procedure along with her colleagues who are also leaving on final exit. The school gathered some documents for them, including I believe a request letter from the British Consulate, and then the school took them to the main police station in Jeddah which is somewhere in Balad. They returned with the required stamp stating they are not criminals within a couple of hours. Getting the required documents beforehand took a couple of weeks, though.
inthisjourney

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trapezius wrote:
The school gathered some documents for them, including I believe a request letter from the British Consulate, and then the school took them to the main police station in Jeddah which is somewhere in Balad.

Thanks for your response! I called the US Embassy and booked an appointment online. I have to bring a copy of my passport, iqama, and one passport size photo similar to the one used on my visa application.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: