Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Z Visas and Residence Permits
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
newinSeoul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lemak wrote:
newinSeoul wrote:
I've read this thread and am still not sure about the answer.

Is it possible to get a Z-visa in Korea with less than 6 months on my ARC?

One poster above said less than 6 months on my passport.. I am very confused. I called a travel agent who issues Chinese visas, but he spoke little English.

If anyone can confirm my question, it would really make my day/week/year!

I have been calling around and trying to find the answer, but I can never get 100% confirmation.

I have a job in China for September, and my ARC in Korea runs out at the end of August. I don't want to have to go to Hong Kong to get a visa if I can get one here in Korea. Are there any expats who have gotten a Z-visa in Korea to go to China? Thank you.

I wasn't able to. I think I mentioned that earlier in the thread, so sorry about repeating myself. Had to get it done in Thailand. Granted though that was way back in December 2011, which considering the regularity which Asian visa regulations change may as well have been 1911, and possibly has since been altered again.

Any chance of having a kind Korean boss who would consider extending your ARC for another year and then cancelling the thing after you get the Chinese visa and leave Korea?

Likely public schools with the bureaucracy will baulk at the idea, but if you have a good working and personal relationship with a boss in a smaller hagwon they might be willing to help you out. It's all kinds of headaches to explain what you want to do to them though.

What city will you be working in in China? If it's the south it may not be prohibitively expensive to fly in via HGK first.

Hey,
I've been busy trying to find out the answer to the z-visa and it sounds like I don't need six months remaining on my ARC to get a Z-Visa. I talked to a travel agent in Seoul who spoke English, and my Korean friend called a travel agent in Busan and they also said that you don't need six months remaining on your ARC.

For the L-Visa (tourist visa), you do need six months left on your ARC to get a visa. I hope that between the two responses from two different travel agents that this is correct.
newinSeoul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lemak wrote:
newinSeoul wrote:
I've read this thread and am still not sure about the answer.

Is it possible to get a Z-visa in Korea with less than 6 months on my ARC?

One poster above said less than 6 months on my passport.. I am very confused. I called a travel agent who issues Chinese visas, but he spoke little English.

If anyone can confirm my question, it would really make my day/week/year!

I have been calling around and trying to find the answer, but I can never get 100% confirmation.

I have a job in China for September, and my ARC in Korea runs out at the end of August. I don't want to have to go to Hong Kong to get a visa if I can get one here in Korea. Are there any expats who have gotten a Z-visa in Korea to go to China? Thank you.

I wasn't able to. I think I mentioned that earlier in the thread, so sorry about repeating myself. Had to get it done in Thailand. Granted though that was way back in December 2011, which considering the regularity which Asian visa regulations change may as well have been 1911, and possibly has since been altered again.

Any chance of having a kind Korean boss who would consider extending your ARC for another year and then cancelling the thing after you get the Chinese visa and leave Korea?

Likely public schools with the bureaucracy will baulk at the idea, but if you have a good working and personal relationship with a boss in a smaller hagwon they might be willing to help you out. It's all kinds of headaches to explain what you want to do to them though.

What city will you be working in in China? If it's the south it may not be prohibitively expensive to fly in via HGK first.

Hey,
I've been busy trying to find out the answer to the z-visa and it sounds like I don't need six months remaining on my ARC to get a Z-Visa. I talked to a travel agent in Seoul who spoke English, and my Korean friend called a travel agent in Busan and they also said that you don't need six months remaining on your ARC.

For the L-Visa (tourist visa), you do need six months left on your ARC to get a visa. I hope that between the two responses from two different travel agents that this is correct.
lemak

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said, I'm sure crap has changed. It always seemed some non-sensical rule. I checked my email inbox and the only remaining message I could find from that time was....

Quote:
Hello Dear,

Thank you for your inquiry.

We can apply Chinese tourist visa even if your ARC valid less than 6 month,

however, for Z visa (working visa), more than 6 month valid ARC required.

Please let me know if you would like to apply tourist visa.

Best regards,

Sue

At the time I remember getting several like that. The best sounding one I received was along the lines of "We don't think it's possible, but if you'd like to submit your documents and pay the fee we can *try*" Eff that.

The one thing to make sure is that it's absolutely failsafe. Check a few different sources, and even call the embassy directly if you can get through.

The invitation letter from China requires the country to be specified where the visa will be collected. If the embassy in that country refuses your visa for some reason you don't really have any options left except to get your boss to reapply for a new invitation letter for, say, Hong Kong....which most aren't interested to do a second time, or go default option B which is to fly home and get it done back there.
newinSeoul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lemak wrote:
As I said, I'm sure crap has changed. It always seemed some non-sensical rule. I checked my email inbox and the only remaining message I could find from that time was....

Quote:
Hello Dear,

Thank you for your inquiry.

We can apply Chinese tourist visa even if your ARC valid less than 6 month,

however, for Z visa (working visa), more than 6 month valid ARC required.

Please let me know if you would like to apply tourist visa.

Best regards,

Sue

At the time I remember getting several like that. The best sounding one I received was along the lines of "We don't think it's possible, but if you'd like to submit your documents and pay the fee we can *try*" Eff that.

The one thing to make sure is that it's absolutely failsafe. Check a few different sources, and even call the embassy directly if you can get through.

The invitation letter from China requires the country to be specified where the visa will be collected. If the embassy in that country refuses your visa for some reason you don't really have any options left except to get your boss to reapply for a new invitation letter for, say, Hong Kong....which most aren't interested to do a second time, or go default option B which is to fly home and get it done back there.

I tried many times to get through to the consulates and embassies in both Seoul and Busan with no luck. It says directly on the website that foreigners need to apply through the approved travel agencies. I will keep checking into it though. I don't want to have the paperwork from China arrive here and I get screwed.
Mandrews1985

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would you NEED to have 6 months left on your Korean ARC to get a Z visa for China?

I'm currently in Korea, and hoping to get a uni job in China for September. I dont understand why there would be any relation between my Korean ARC and getting a Chinese Z visa.

Can someone explain please?
Toast

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mandrews1985 wrote:
Why would you NEED to have 6 months left on your Korean ARC to get a Z visa for China?

I'm currently in Korea, and hoping to get a uni job in China for September. I dont understand why there would be any relation between my Korean ARC and getting a Chinese Z visa.

Can someone explain please?

Who knows? Ask the embassy. Rationality and Chinese visa policy rarely go hand in hand. You'll manage a lot better once you arrive in China to stop asking why, and just roll with it. Doing otherwise will put you in the nuthouse.
22Yossarian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question about the passport requirements. I know that in order to get a Chinese Z Visa I must have two blank pages in my passport, but must those pages be adjacent to each other? I have 4 blank pages in my passport, but I do not have two adjacent blank pages. I should add, that 19 and 20 are consecutive and blank, but they do not lay side by side.

Will this be an issue? Should I add new pages?
davelister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. The blank pages don't have to be consecutive at all. My passport has visas and stamps in no order at all.
22Yossarian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

davelister wrote:
No problem. The blank pages don't have to be consecutive at all. My passport has visas and stamps in no order at all.

Thanks! That is what I wanted to hear. I have plenty of blank spots for visa stamps, so I will have no problem traveling, and my passport expires in less than 2 years, so I would rather not pay for pages.

With all the bumps through my visa process, and already having a late arrival, I am glad to know that this should not be a problem!

PS, I did an extensive Google search and could not find an answer. The information I found on the Chinese Embassy is from 2008...
caj131

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I'm in a bit of a mess here wondering if someone can help me out. I'll try and keep it brief:

Was working in Guangzhou last year and have agreed a job with a University in Ningbo (Zheijiang) starting Sept 2013

My new school in Ningbo asked for my foreign expert certificate to be cancelled like 2 days before I left China. I told my GZ school and they said it wasn't their responsibility (which they realise it is now).

I have now took my foreign expert certificate home to the UK with me (didn't know you were not meant to do this) which means I can't get the certification of cancellation for my foreign expert certificate. I have an invitation letter from the school in Ningbo but no work permit because they don't have the certificate of cancellation.

Will I be able to apply for Z Visa with the invitation letter alone? And then sort out the work permit when I get there? (I was thinking I could fly to GZ first to cancel it and get the document?) Will I need to go somewhere (HK, etc) to then complete it, after arriving in Ningbo? Also I've got friends in GZ who could help me out if the best plan is to express mail the FEC back to get it cancelled.

When in China before the school has sorted almost everything out for me so apologies for the stupid questions.

Cheers,

Chris
davelister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

22Yossarian,
I forgot to mention; don't expect immigration to helpfully stamp on a page with other stamps, but very possibly on a fresh page, so number of pages may be an issue.
22Yossarian

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

davelister wrote:
22Yossarian,
I forgot to mention; don't expect immigration to helpfully stamp on a page with other stamps, but very possibly on a fresh page, so number of pages may be an issue.

Yeah, I have noticed that. My passport is 8 years old, and I have traveled abroad about once a year, many times with connecting flights in third party countries. I just never really thought about the long term ramifications to random passport stamping. The Republic of Georgia and the U.S. have even stamped my amendments page.

Cheers.
Saoirse

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I'm hoping to go to China next year to teach English.

However while doing some research I've discovered that the age requirement for a Z Visa is 24, I'm 22. I'll be nearly 23 when I plan to go. Is this a hard and fast rule? A few people have said to me not to worry, that some university or college with enough pull will be able to get me the Employment Permit from the Ministry of Labour or the State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs of China as well as give me their invitation letter so I will be able to get a z Visa from the Chinese embassy in my country.

I have a BA so I satisfy that part of the requirements.

Any help would be appreciated.
Andrew108

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Have I got this right? Reply with quote

I am a U.K citizen, but live full-time in Finland. Do I have to go back to the U.K for my medical check and Z visa? Do I need a registered address in the U.K? I'm thinking that if I can't get my Z visa here in Finand, I'll have to stay with my friend in London. Is the Z visa application done in person or can I apply online?
sui jin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Z visa can be made in Finland, provided that your school's invitation letter mentions/specifies that this is the consulate/embassy you will apply to.
If you have to go back to England , you don't need a registered address, just some address for the form. You cannot do the process online because they will need your actual passport. You can however use an agent to help you.
The china visa process in England has been farmed out to a semi-official 'visa service' in London and other cities, so you no longer queue at the embassy.
I have always sent the forms and passport etc to either the visa service or an agency. The advantage of an agency (such as 5 Star China Travel) , is that for a few quid they will check all the paperwork before submitting it to the 'visa service'/embassy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 22 of 29

Jump to: