Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pays rates in Germany

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AsianPersuation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Pays rates in Germany Reply with quote

Looking through the searches I found only one extensive thread regarding pay rates in Germany. It was created in 2003 and the last post was in 2007.

http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewtopic.php?t=2136&start=45&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=rates

So I think another thread about pay rates should be fitting.

I am currently making 14 Euros every 45 minute lesson at Berlitz. Freelancer. Had no teaching experience before.

What are you making and with which company?
JN

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, from what I've heard, for Berlin, pay rates seem to be anywhere from 10 to 35 euros (per 45-60 min.), but can be much higher, esp. if coaching is done.
Your rate at Berlitz sounds about normal for language schools here.
plotinus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: University or Company? Reply with quote

Yes, I'm considering moving to Germany sometime in the next couple of years or so (I'm currently working in the Gulf region) and would really appreciate some up-to-date information on what kind of rates of pay can be expected there. Specifically, for someone with CertTESOL, Delta and MA TESOL and several years' experience, plus pretty good German. I know that most places will not pay much in Germany for English teaching, but I have heard that working for a university or in-house for a large company can both be decent options. I'd be interested in knowing which of these options would tend to offer better pay (and, preferably, what kind of pay range to expect).

Thanks in advance!
JN

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if there is exact info on toytowngermany to what you are looking for with your qualifications, but there is quite a long thread on jobs and pay for English teachers in Germany. Sounds like you have the experience and quals.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Germany All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: