Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stay Away From Saudi Electronic University / Alsrooh Alzkieh

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1chiledog

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:13 am    Post subject: Stay Away From Saudi Electronic University / Alsrooh Alzkieh Reply with quote

Pay:

I've worked for SEU/AA in Dammam for nearly 2 and 1/2 months.... My first paycheck (September) was late, the second bounced like a rubber ball. Myself and others are still waitng.......

Work Facilities:

Teachers haven't been provided with offices..... We are left to meander in the halls. There is no common area for student's or staff, not even a cafe......

Teacher Supplies:

SEU/AA have yet to provide teachers with internet access in the classrooms, and there is no tangible curriculum.... No board markers, paper, copiers, etc......

Housing:

Teachers are forced to live in a shoddy hotel with only one English TV station, no kitchen, no laundry facilities, etc.....

Health Insurance:

SEU/AA provides the next to cheapest plan provided by Tawunyia. For example; the plan does not include a no cost dental cleaning or examination per person, per year, etc......

Transportation:

Teachers do not receive a transportation allowance. The only option is a bus to and from work......

Visas:

Some teachers are in the Kingdom on business visas, the others have employment visas..... SEU/AA refuse to issue multiple entry visas. They also make teachers pay for their perspective single exit/entry visa or visas.

I strongly discourage anyone who is considering employment with this joint venture company. SEU/AA do not honor their end of contractual obligations.

I must give SEU/AA a thumbs down! I also encourage all current employees to weigh in as well, whether happy with SEU/AA or not.
Keyboard Kommando

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering if anything has gotten better with them. I was in contact with Dr. H from that company, he wanted to recruit me for another city and another project right away. When I told him I was only interested in the Saudi eUni in Riyadh, he pretty much gave me an excuse and hasn't been back in touch with me.

His company has an office in Saudi Arabia as well as one in Jordan. Sounds suspiciously similar to a very bad company with the initials EE. Rolling Eyes
Ixchel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Stay Away From Saudi Electronic University / Alsrooh Alz Reply with quote

1chiledog wrote:
Pay:

I've worked for SEU/AA in Dammam for nearly 2 and 1/2 months.... My first paycheck (September) was late, the second bounced like a rubber ball. Myself and others are still waitng.......

Work Facilities:

Teachers haven't been provided with offices..... We are left to meander in the halls. There is no common area for student's or staff, not even a cafe......

Teacher Supplies:

SEU/AA have yet to provide teachers with internet access in the classrooms, and there is no tangible curriculum.... No board markers, paper, copiers, etc......

Housing:

Teachers are forced to live in a shoddy hotel with only one English TV station, no kitchen, no laundry facilities, etc.....

Health Insurance:

SEU/AA provides the next to cheapest plan provided by Tawunyia. For example; the plan does not include a no cost dental cleaning or examination per person, per year, etc......

Transportation:

Teachers do not receive a transportation allowance. The only option is a bus to and from work......

God, it sounds like my public [state] school teaching career in Los Angeles.

Last edited by Ixchel on Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:12 am; edited 1 time in total
johnslat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Ixchel,

Probably lacks (most of) the guns and the drugs, though. Very Happy

Regards,
John
Ixchel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, but the drugs are the only thing that make it bearable. Very Happy
ram77

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Saudi Electronic University Reply with quote

I was just interviewed by an American woman and they sent me a contract. What was the name of the hotel that you were at? I am very concerned about living conditons.
bertonneau

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:59 am    Post subject: Thanks for the heads up Reply with quote

I tried to interview with some guy from Riyahd a few months ago, just to discuss the possibility. It sounded like an interesting idea. The interviewer never contacted me after we had firmly set up a date and time on Skype. Sounds like just one more and irresponsible organization within this pit of a country. Also, any organization that was set up with the help of the University of Phoenix and other such for-profit ilk like schools from the West should probably be avoided as legitimate places to work.
MoAliAdam

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Take it with a pinch of salt. Reply with quote

I was also working for SEU/Assrooh last year.

I also know the OP as having worked with him for a short time. I would like to say this is not a fair and completely true reflection of the university and/or the company.

The medical insurance isn't very good. They actually do pay on time. Other than the very few odd cases, they reimburse you for any expenses and also pay out the allowances in full.

I have worked in 3 of their 4 campuses they have, so I feel I can give a more complete description of the state of the organisation.

I, however, no longer work there after completing my contract because of their 10 month contract policy.

Any questions PM me
ram77

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Living conditions Reply with quote

Is there a kitchen with ranges or is there just a hot plate? Laundry? toilet?
Ali_The_Greatest

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anybody else who has worked here give an unbiased account of the working conditions? Thanks guys
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All accounts are biased...

I'd say that there are enough facts given here to allow you to decide whether you want to take the risk that the negative posters are accurate.

VS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: