Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scam Alert British Language Centre in Sondrio

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rabenschwarz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:14 am    Post subject: Scam Alert British Language Centre in Sondrio Reply with quote

The real British Language Centre in Sondrio is no longer recruiting for teachers at this time. If you get an email like this, it is a scam.

We received your contact information from www.eslteachersboard.com. Kindly study our job details below.

Job details
We are looking for an experienced enthusiastic professional teacher to join our dynamic friendly team. We offer English language courses to many different sectors of the market, Pre-school, Young Learners,Children aged 11-14, Young Adults and Adults. We also deliver specifically tailored ESP courses to local businesses as well as courses designed for more senior learners.
The school boasts an excellent reputation both locally and nationally due to the high quality of its staff and teaching standards.

Although we are a rapidly growing school our goal is to be the best but not necessarily the biggest school in Sondrio. Teachers have ongoing support from the Director of Studies and the head of each specific department as well as regular training/development sessions in school. We offer all teachers the opportunity to attend local or national teaching conferences/training days(all expenses paid).

We are only interested in the highest possible standards of professionalism and teaching, our class sizes are deliberately small to facilitate this (15-20 students per class group). All students, including children, are placed in groups according to their level of English, there are regular reviews of each group and stronger or weaker students are moved accordingly if needed. All students are also offered free revision classes outside their normal class time if required.

Qualifications
Essential requirements for the successful candidate:
Ready to travel.
Have a valid passport.
Motivated, hard-working and reliable
Team player
References from at least 2 sources
Teaching experience will be valued

Duties include:

Organizing and delivering classroom lectures to students.
Advising student on career issues.
Evaluating a students' class work and assignments.
Preparing classroom and coursework materials, homework assignments, and handouts.
Recording and maintain accurate student attendance records and grades.
Classroom management.
Developing English lesson plans in line with the Curriculum.
Maintaining discipline in the classroom.

Compensation:

Salary: 2,300EUR
The salary is paid for 25 teaching hours/week and increases according to experience and qualifications. Additional teaching hours taught are paid as overtime. An additional 3,000EU is paid on successful completion of each full academic year contract.Paid holidays over Christmas, Easter and any local or national holidays which fall within the contractual period. Legal employment contract with full social security contributions paid by school. Free annual full medical health check.

If you meet these requirements, please forward your CV, passport, degrees/certificates and recent photograph to US:

Interviews in Sondrio/Skype or by telephone. A traveling allowance to attend interviews will be paid.

The British Language Centre
Steve Marsland (Director)
2 I-23100 Sondrio SO, Italy
Tel: +390694801641/342 216130
spiral78

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very kind of you to warn the unwary!

I'd be curious which of these details differs from the real offers (which I understand you no longer have). The salary and benefits seem inflated, but not wildly so, particularly given that the ad lists no actual formal qualifications needed - to a newbie, it would likely be believable.
Rabenschwarz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what the real message looks like. I saw on the Facebook page for the school that it was a scam. I've asked a few people about it since I'm new to TESOL and had my doubts as I've heard of several scams. Since they said no one in Italy give severance and they were granting a lot more than usual sum for payment. I just thought I'd warn people incase anyone got a fake email.
British Language Centre

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: :!: Reply with quote

Dear all,
I am the secretary here at The British Language Centre.
I just wanted to confirm that is true that we are not recruiting at the moment and that, above all, we NEVER ask teachers to pay any kind of fee in order to secure employment with us!
Best regards
A. Paniga
The British Language Centre
Largo Pedrini, 2 - 23100 Sondrio
www.thebritish.i
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Italy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: